Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my dart for a year and 3 months. Just turned over 40,000 miles on it last week. I have a 1.4L turbo 6 sp manual limited. All of a sudden the clutch wont come off the floor if the car has been sitting for a while. Also the reverse lockout has stopped working. I take it to the Lovely Dodge dealer where i bought the car. They claim you'll never have a bill so long as all the scheduled maint is done at the dealer. They look at it for 2 days. Cant replicate the clutch staying on the floor but will gladly change out the master and slave cylinder and clutch for me and also tell me that i need a new shifter.....

None of the parts or labor will be covered because I'm outside the 36,000 mile warranty and the warranty that they advertise all over the dealership and inside the service center doesn't cover this kind of work. So I've decided if this is the way they will treat a greenslip buyer then I'll trade my car in and take my business some where else. There is no way in the world you should have to start replacing parts on a year old car! I've bought Dodge and Jeep products my whole life and now I'm done....

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've had my dart for a year and 3 months. Just turned over 40,000 miles on it last week. I have a 1.4L turbo 6 sp manual limited. All of a sudden the clutch wont come off the floor if the car has been sitting for a while. Also the reverse lockout has stopped working. I take it to the Lovely Dodge dealer where i bought the car. They claim you'll never have a bill so long as all the scheduled maint is done at the dealer. They look at it for 2 days. Cant replicate the clutch staying on the floor but will gladly change out the master and slave cylinder and clutch for me and also tell me that i need a new shifter.....

None of the parts or labor will be covered because I'm outside the 36,000 mile warranty and the warranty that they advertise all over the dealership and inside the service center doesn't cover this kind of work. So I've decided if this is the way they will treat a greenslip buyer then I'll trade my car in and take my business some where else. There is no way in the world you should have to start replacing parts on a year old car! I've bought Dodge and Jeep products my whole life and now I'm done....
Did you have the maximum care wArranty? If so, you should be covered!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Similar experience with local dodge selling a Dart that I've had in the shop 4 times since purchasing. The Dart is an all round bad car.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
... The Dart is an all round bad car.
Correction ... Your USED 2014 Dodge Dart GT (with 2.4L I-4 TigersharkMultiAir II® engine & Fiat Powertrain Technologies C635 6-speed Manual transmission) is an all around bad car ... "some" of us on this forum are very happy with our purchase and our dealership experience.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Some owners abuse their vehicles and then trade them in. An unsuspecting buyer at an unscrupulous dealer is then surprised and blames every single similar vehicle as a piece of junk. We don't want to hear that and you should know better. Any vehicle can be abused. Any 100,000 plus mile car with a manual trans probably needs a clutch.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
For every person who's angry with their car and rants about it on an Internet forum, there are probably a hundred others who've had no problems and never take the time to register on a forum just so they can tell us what a peachy car it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts