Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

So a few days ago I noticed my passenger side headlight was out. I figure oh well, ill get a bulb this week. A day later now they're both out! Something makes me think the bulbs aren't blown. I read the headlights don't have fuses so I cant check there. What do you guys think I should do. I dont wanna buy 2 new bulbs for no reason as they may not even be the issue. Has this happened to anyone?

Thank you!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you have a multimeter, check that there is current at the bulb connector. It is entirely possible that they both just went out near each other. My original lamps went about a week or two apart. Now, even with HID's I keep a spare bulb in the trunk, just because you never know. (because HID, I have spare ballast ect. also, and a halogen just in case.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have a multi-meter.....

would you recommend trying the bulbs before I bring it to a shop? which could cost way more than a couple bulbs?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Some shops can test the bulb for you. If you have halogens, you may be able to see if they are good just by pulling them out and looking at the filament. If you have another car that uses 9005/9006 bulbs, you can cross-test it that way also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was going to a small shop, was thinking they may have a multimeter. Not sure what I have, they are the factory bulbs.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
If they're the original, put in your car in 2013, OEM bulbs, and you haven't tried new ones, I would guess that your bulbs blew, but you'd usually be able to tell by looking at the bulbs whether they blew. The element being disconnected or the glass being blackened, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If they're the original, put in your car in 2013, OEM bulbs, and you haven't tried new ones, I would guess that your bulbs blew, but you'd usually be able to tell by looking at the bulbs whether they blew. The element being disconnected or the glass being blackened, etc.
It was odd only 1 was visibly blown (the one that went out 2nd). The one that went out first maybe have just gotten a loose connection because it actually turned on. Regardless, I replaced both and theyre working good. Guess it was the bulbs.

Thanks!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
suzq044
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing