Dodge Dart Forum banner

Oil Pump Replacement - 1.4 MultiAir Engine

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  alpinegreenneon 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am wondering if anybody can help me out on how to change the oil pump on the 1.4 MultiAir engine. I have manual transmission. I am pretty much know the timing belt has to be removed and there are special tools needed for it. I am really interested in the oil pump removal itself as one of the special tool is attached to the crankshaft end where the oil pump is.

Thank you

#2 ·
No need to post the same question in different threads. Duplicate posts are deleted. Private messages are now conversations and are easily accessed by clicking on your avatar upper right and then select conversation.

09 - Engine, 1.4L I4 16V Turbo / Lubrication / PUMP, Engine Oil / Removal

REMOVAL

1.Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.

2.Remove the oil pan and the oil pump pick-up (1) (Refer to 09 - Engine/Lubrication/PICK-UP, Oil Pump - Removal) .
Font Auto part Cylinder Circle Gas

CAUTION:
When the timing belt is removed and the cylinder head is still installed, DO NOT rotate the camshaft or crankshaft without first locating the proper crankshaft position. Failure to do so will result in valve and/or piston damage.

3.Remove the crankshaft sprocket (4)
•Install the Holder, Crankshaft Sprocket 10307 (1) with three bolts (3) tightened to 25 N·m (15 ft. lbs.).
•Remove the bolt (2) and the crankshaft sprocket (4).
•Discard the bolt (2).

Font Auto part Bicycle part Circle Engineering

4.Remove four bolts (3) and the lower oil cooler housing heat shield (2).
White Font Art Pattern Drawing

5.Remove the oil filter housing to oil pump bolt (1).
Motor vehicle Font Auto part Engineering Automotive lighting

6.Remove the seven oil pump bolts (2) and remove the oil pump (1).
Product Font Auto part Circle Pattern

7.Remove and discard the oil pump gasket (1).
Font Auto part Machine Motor vehicle Drawing

8.Remove and discard the oil filter housing seal (2).
Font Auto part Circle Line art Engineering

9.Remove all residual sealant (1) from the engine block, bedplate and oil pump.

10.If required, remove the front crankshaft oil seal (1).

NOTE:
The oil pressure switch has a lock patch on the threads and if removed can not be reinstalled.

11.If required, remove and discard the oil pressure switch (2) (Refer to 09 - Engine/Lubrication/SWITCH, Oil Pressure - Removal) .

12.If required, remove the oil pressure regulator cap (5), spring (3) and plunger (2) from the oil pump (1).
Gesture Font Line Parallel Circle

#3 ·
Thank you so much for your help!
I am sorry, I opened a new thread because unfortunately I could find any answer in the old ones and at the bottom of the thread it said I might not receive answer because it was old and consider open a new one.

#4 ·
This unfortunately isn't the forum it used to be but it's still going. Be patient and you should get an answer. Let us know if you have any other questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.