Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for a 2.4L. I got an engine light at 22k and I ran the code and it was for the oil pressure. I'm almost sure it is just the sensor that went bad and I am going to replace it. Issue is I don't really know where it is. Does anyone have an idea where it is? Thanks

·
Registered
684 Posts
This is for a 2.4L. I got an engine light at 22k and I ran the code and it was for the oil pressure. I'm almost sure it is just the sensor that went bad and I am going to replace it. Issue is I don't really know where it is. Does anyone have an idea where it is? Thanks
Dealer warranty job!

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
68145662AA = Oil Pressure Sensor 2.0/2.4 Dodge Dart
oil pressure.JPG

From researching the 2.4 engine they were behind the AC Compressor in the Caliber 2.0/2.4's. That being said the Calibers ran the "World Gas Engine", and we have a variant of the world gas engine. So, check this link out and it might point ya in the right direction: Oil Pressure Sensor Location - DodgeForum.com. More than likely they are in the similar locations of the engine... but let me know how you make out and I'll do some more digging on my end as well...

furthermore @s3rgioru3las, from the diagrams and pictures the 2.4 version of the Caliber & Dart oil pressure sensor are the same...

Capture.JPG
credit:http://www.carparts.com/details/Dodge/Caliber/Crown/Oil_Pressure_Gauge_Sensor/2007/5033314AA.html?TID=80000000CP&origin=pla&CP=1&CP_SRC=PPC&003=27372932&010=cp6190696422d4960b487d1ff9086ad45c&gclid=CjwKEAjwqqmsBRDGy_3h_eS80jYSJACS95Cv1ycHCEo5OSCWRu-O3Ka3YDHYpKi84JE-Og6OuoKzHhoCLuXw_wcB&c_dev=c&c_aid=45534009453&c_net=g&c2cid=0508b7be-e5d9-4e53-9954-0c24d3741a16

·
Premium Member
3,854 Posts
Also note that chauthorityonlinedemo.extra.chrysler.com/service/repair/wiring/view/classic.htm gives you the option to show the location of a sensor, its not very detailed but if you piece together what your looking for it should help.

good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried looking for it around the AC compressor with no avail. I grew impatient and just went to my dealer to replace the sensor. But at least now I know where it is, I just wish I saw your replies earlier. Good news is they bought a sensor for me anyway since I'm under warranty. I have this Oil Pressure Sensor I had originally bought myself for about $20 that I was going to use. So if anyone needs an oil pressure sensor I'll gladly mail it to you for free. Just pay for shipping (about $3). PM me if you need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts