Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
so I have an oil leak looking like its coming from around where my shift linkage hooks up to my tranny. does anyone know if that is covered under powertrain warranty? my car has 50,500 miles on it. I also have an extended bumper to bumper warranty.

Registered
2015 Dodge Dart Rallye Blacktop Edition
so I have an oil leak looking like its coming from around where my shift linkage hooks up to my tranny. does anyone know if that is covered under powertrain warranty? my car has 50,500 miles on it. I also have an extended bumper to bumper warranty.
What ever came of this? I'm having the same issue at around 53,000 miles.

Premium Member
2013 Dart Limited 1.4T 6-Speed
My transmission was replaced in March under powertrain warranty for a leak at the shift shaft seal, which was only available as a part of the transmission case.

Registered
Interesting. The only other posting I saw regarding this issue that had come to a conclusion also had the entire transmission replaced under warranty. I bought the car used recently but paid for a 50k mile powertrain warranty from the dealership (Kia, not Dodge). I'm going to contact them about this tomorrow.

Registered
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4lturbo 6 speed manual
Ive had issues with the vacuum pumps themselves leaking running down the side of the block and top of the transmission

Registered
I took the car into the dealer yesterday about this. They looked it over, and said there was no leak. According to Chrysler, there is a vent on the transmission near the shift linkage to aid in eliminating overheating issues. They say this can spurt fluid when the transmission is warm/hot, and that it is normal and not considered a leak. They did say they've had issues with the shift tower leaking on some Darts, but it is not the case with mine. 馃コ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts