Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked through the forum (at least the 1.4L section) for a little more information on the cartridge filter for the 1.4L and didn't find anything but a few threads on oil. I imagine I can go to the dealer and pic one up in the parts department but I'm looking on Amazon right now.
Is the Fiat one for their 1.4L the same as ours?
And is this FRAM (CH9713) one right? I know it says it fits but I'm a bit concerned seeing I don't have anything but a Mopar number and that's not from my manual.
And I'm looking at this six pack of Pennzoil shipped free through my Prime account too. I had wanted to put Amsoil in but I'm not seeing that on Amazon. I'm looking to keep costs down a bit after Christmas.
Sorry if there is a thread already going on for filters. Thanks for your help and advice!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I looked through the forum (at least the 1.4L section) for a little more information on the cartridge filter for the 1.4L and didn't find anything but a few threads on oil. I imagine I can go to the dealer and pic one up in the parts department but I'm looking on Amazon right now.
Is the Fiat one for their 1.4L the same as ours?
And is this FRAM (CH9713) one right? I know it says it fits but I'm a bit concerned seeing I don't have anything but a Mopar number and that's not from my manual.
And I'm looking at this six pack of Pennzoil shipped free through my Prime account too. I had wanted to put Amsoil in but I'm not seeing that on Amazon. I'm looking to keep costs down a bit after Christmas.
Sorry if there is a thread already going on for filters. Thanks for your help and advice!
Modern Performance sells the correct filters for the 1.4T
from the website-
If you own a Dodge Dart, or the Fiat 500 with the 1.4 turbo (OR NON TURBO) motor, and you do your own oil changes you probably know how hard it is to find the oil filter.
This is because its such a new car and many places dont have the filter in stock. No problem, we have replacement OEM filters IN stock directly from Mopar that we can ship right to you.

Get a few at a time and save on shipping costs!

2013+ Dodge Dart 1.4 Turbo - 1.4L Dodge Dart/Fiat 500 OEM oil filter

So it looks like the oil filter from the 1.4 and 1.4T on the 500 work for the Dart.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My local Dodge dealer charges $49 for the 1.4 L oil and filter change, not much more than me buying the oil and filter to do myself. Local Jiffy Lube charges $69 for full synth oil and filter change and carries the correct Pennzoil oil for the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using DodgeDart

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
My local Dodge dealer charges $49 for the 1.4 L oil and filter change, not much more than me buying the oil and filter to do myself. Local Jiffy Lube charges $69 for full synth oil and filter change and carries the correct Pennzoil oil for the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using DodgeDart
I wouldnt let Jiffy Lube change the oil in my lawn mower much less my car.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I wouldnt let Jiffy Lube change the oil in my lawn mower much less my car.
x2 no national chain places will ever touch my car. The local guy who has built a reputation through years of quality work will always get my business over the chain with millions in advertising.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Since we're on the subject, whats a good 5W-40 Full Synthetic, In my Wrangler I use Mobile 1 but on their website, it looks as if the only 5W-40 they have is certified for Disel engines.

Also, has anyone done a 1.4T oil change themself yet? I was wondering how messy the cartridge filter change is. My Dad's 09 Escape has a cartridge filter and it's a diaster; its downward facing and gets oil all over everything. It looks like the 1.4 has it angled upwards, does this make the process relatively clean or is it still a mess?

Though I have to say, putting a Hex nut on the Oil Filter Cap is a stroke of pragmatic genius.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did my first oil change today and no problems. When u losen the oil filter, don't take the cap off all the way. Wait about 5 mins to let the oil drain out. I used mobil 1 5w-40.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I'm going to check to see how much my dealer is charging. I'm all set with Jiffy Lube, etc. I used to have the vocational high school change it in my Jeep but I just can't bring the Dart there either. I'm not really even a fan of the Dodge dealer doing it, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts