Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, hope all is well. So my oil change indicator came on and I went to get an oil change. The usual place I go changed the employees and none of the old guys were there but I still went ahead with the change. They said the oil wasn’t dirty but just low. So they put a quart of oil in for me for free. But, shouldn’t they have checked to see if my oil filter was ok? Or do you not have to change the filter every-time there is an oil change? Now, I haven’t driven my car very much but idk. Will you tell me your thoughts? Thank you.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If it's not dirty then you don't need the new filter.

·
Super Moderator
4,728 Posts
How many miles since the last time the oil and filter were changed? I change mine every 5000 miles no matter what the oil monitor says, but usually it says 50%.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had an oil change in October 2020. The oil wasn’t dirty but this has never happened before so I wanted to check with you all. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
4,728 Posts
Keep track of how many miles you make, not how dirty the oil looks. What percentage does the oil monitor say? In my opinion, when it says 50%, it's half used up. Possibly you were dealing with some lazy oil change monkeys. Maybe it's time you learned to do your own oil and filter changes. Oil is the life blood of your engine.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that’s what I think alpine. I’m going to go somewhere else. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts