Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to big box store for my oil change and they said i had missing access doors on my front skid plate and said it was dangerous this true or b. S

·
Super Moderator
4,558 Posts
Went to big box store for my oil change and they said i had missing access doors on my front skid plate and said it was dangerous this true or b. S
absolute BS 1000000%.

There is no "danger" by not having it. The lower trims don't even have the aero paneling, which includes those doors and "skid plate". I wouldn't even call it a skid plate. It's plastic. If you bottomed out hard enough on something, that's not protecting you. If anything you will scrape on it because it tends to hang lower and you'll think you just destroyed your bumper but actually it's all good.

Yeah none of that is actually needed. I am curious on to why they said it was "dangerous". now if half of it was missing and flapping around in the wind and there was a possibility for it to fly off and hit someone behind you, that's a different story.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Many people take those doors off on purpose, to provide better cooling and airflow to the engine bay. 100% BS from that store.

·
Registered
134 Posts
They supposedly serve two purposes: keep water and debris out of the engine bay, and raise your mpg's. If you not concerned with either of those then you don't have to worry about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts