Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at buying these rims and the offset is 40mm. Someone on this forum said don't go greater then 42mm but then again another member said they replaced their stock rims and it said 46mm on the back of it... The rims i'm looking at are very deep so i want to know is 40mm ok to clear the brake cals?

FIERO™ No.5 Wheels - Satin Black with Red Stripe Rims

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Are they the same width as the stock weeks?

Three measurements come into play when talking rims. Width, offset and backspace. If you widen your rim but don't change the offset, then you take away from your back spacing (start running suspension components/body potentially). If you go wider, you either need to increase the offset or get spacers to keep backspace the same (as long as you don't go too wide, and rub the fenders).

Ill try and find the stock offset, it's around here somewhere.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are they the same width as the stock weeks?

Three measurements come into play when talking rims. Width, offset and backspace. If you widen your rim but don't change the offset, then you take away from your back spacing (start running suspension components/body potentially). If you go wider, you either need to increase the offset or get spacers to keep backspace the same (as long as you don't go too wide, and rub the fenders).

Ill try and find the stock offset, it's around here somewhere.
the rims i want are 18"x7.5 5x110mm 40mm offset

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
18"x8 not 7.5 anybody confirm that the offset is ok?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yes it will fit Im not sure as to the rubbing of calipers but can accomdate up to a 19"x8.5 5x110 40/45mm which is the size rims im putting on mine but havent decided on 40 or 45mm yet prolly leaning towards the 40mm so the wheel/rim doesnt sit to far in wheel well.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I purchased some 18x7.5 42mm offset wheels and still needed spacers for the fronts to clear the calipers.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I purchased some 18x7.5 42mm offset wheels and still needed spacers for the fronts to clear the calipers.
link your rim

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
...Ill try and find the stock offset, it's around here somewhere.
The offset is +46mm for all stock Dart aluminum wheels ... including:

• 17"x7½" Painted Silver 10-Spoke rims (sales code WD3)
  • 17"x7½" Hyper Black 10-spoke rims (sales code WFX)
  • 17"x7½" Satin Silver 10-spoke rims (sales code WFK ... standard on LIMITED)
  • 17"x7½" Polished 10-spoke rims (sales code WFL ... optional on LIMITED)
  • 18"x7½" Hyper Silver 5-Spoke rims (sales code (WPC)
  • 18"x7½" Hyper Black 5-Spoke rims (sales code WPR)
  • 18"x7½" Gloss Black 5-Spoke rims (sales code WPE ... standard on MOPAR '13)
NOTE: The offset for the 16"x7" steel wheels is not listed.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Less positive offset will also result in less backspace. In most cases you should not have a problem, unless the wheel design has spokes that intrude on that space.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts