Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I'm probably asking a question that has already been asked multiple times but here goes anyway. I just received my OBDLinkMX+ scanner tool for my 15 Dodge Dart. I have read for best results use the alfaobd app. There is a demo version in the google playstore and a full version for 49.00 dollars. Is there a free version I can download or do I have to buy the app to be able to access all the features of the obdlinkmx+ scanner? I'm already 100 bucks in for the scanner. Do I really need to spend another 50 to be able to use it correctly? Sorry, I'm asking but I'm a little new to this new technology.

·
Super Moderator
4,594 Posts
Depends on what you want to do. If you want to program a fob or want the BCM to activate upgrades and do a PROXI configuration, then yes you need the full version.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK that's what I was wondering. My wife even said just pay for the full version. lol But thanks I appreciate it

·
Registered
2015 dodge dart sxt rallye
20 Posts
Also just so you know make sure to make a copy of your BCM data before you go messing with stuff lol 😂 I made that mistake 2015 Rallye

·
Registered
41 Posts
My car for the first time in a long time ran like new. So weird. Did a couple things, nothing haven't done before, then I turned on car and it said key fob low. Now I have a 2016 we really 2.0 auto. And it has never showed the message before. Didn't know it had the option. Something somewhere clicked and apparently started working again. Lasted a day or 2, than went away, then another day and good again. I'm almost thinking has to do with the module for the brakes. Brakes were smooth when engine was. And vice versa. Probably have to break it down and clean up. Anyone see this before

·
Registered
20 Posts
Recently I was messing with Alfa been trying to get my speed limiter shut off I max out at 125 and am nervous if I use a shot of nos I'll break something back to what options I messed with instead of shutting off speed limiter I turned it back on but for the threashhold under a different option for speed limiter I put unrefined and she has been bucking to go feeling smooth even in autostick second gear which is always kinda jolty I have a 2.4 tiger shark not sure if messing with that option is the reason I also just used royal purple max octane or whatever maybe it was that I'm not sure if the 2.0 is multi air but they are just odd engines lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah if i dont let mine warm up for a few mins in the morning she gets a lil jolty when i shift into 2nd gear i honestly figure its just cause the trans fluid is still cold and not up to operating temp and ive been playing with the alfa program a lil here n there bought the paid version and so far i love it although i am having some difficulty understanding everything but im learning i was able to somehow get my air conditioning working again finally i am thankful for that considering its summertime now

·
Registered
20 Posts
Right lol 😆 alfaOBD, not too hard to somewhat figure out. I originally got it cause I added a CD player, was a nightmare. Removed the center console, got a harness for it that had the extra port for the CD player and still had to ghetto wire the thing because it was too short. But alfaOBD and proxy alignment did it's job. I'm currently installing a heart throb exhaust and waiting on advance auto for coolant lol. Got too much stuff going on with this Dart lol. If you have any questions about alfaOBD I'll try and answer best I can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts