Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Dart SXT 2.4
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. 2014 SXT 2.4, 56,000 miles, purchased new 2014. I have an inexpensive code reader that works fine on my 2017 Journey, but am getting a Link Error when I plug it into the Dart. When I turn the ignition on, but not to run, the CEL lights up. Is there any possibility the fuse is blown though the CEL lights up? The fuse location is awkward as you know so before I crawl under the dash I was wondering if theres something I’m missing. To date other than oil changes (no consumption problem; Mobil 1 day 1), oil pressure switch and front brakes and rotors.
Thanks for listening.

·
Super Moderator
4,594 Posts
It's likely the fuse. Almost any code reader should work. The BCM through the PCM controls the cluster.
It's F21 under the dash:

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Dart SXT 2.4
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a bunch. First thing tomorrow morning. Taking grandsons to a Double-A baseball game tonight.
Fuse looked ok, replaced it anyway. Same result; Link Error. Every car function works including both cigarette lighter outlets. Headed out to try another scanner.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Dart SXT 2.4
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuse looked ok, replaced it anyway. Same result; Link Error. Every car function works including both cigarette lighter outlets. Headed out to try another scanner.
O’Reiily‘s Innova scanner connected and showed no codes. Thanks again for your help!

·
Super Moderator
4,594 Posts
The alfaOBD android app together with the OBDLinkMX+ bluetooth scanner and an android device is the best combionation for accessing all the electronic modules on the Dart and newer FCA vehicles. It even lets you program fobs and do a PROXI configuration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts