Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so at the dealership I was chatting with the service manager who actually asked if I had any information pertaining to an issue because he knows how much reading and research I've been putting into the car lol.

The issue: A beautiful Redline Rallye (identical to mine... sold from same dealership... maybe they're sisters?) is unable to startup. It wasn't cranking or anything at all, similar to not depressing the clutch before trying to crank it. They managed to get it to be able to start for now by clearing some codes but apparently its an intermittent problem and will come back again soon. They are now waiting for Chrysler to get back to them with more information... Some kind of computer issue is what it sounds like to me, maybe even the sensor switch that detects the clutch?

Either way, I'm not trying to diagnose but instead thought I would mention it so that we can keep a more complete database of issues for possible future incidents. I will report back when/if I hear anything about solving the issue.

Anyone else hear of this / have this happen? I have yet to see any posts similar..

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I saw someone post about this. Ended up being a sensor or something, I think...
Nah, that was one that was able to crank but it was a loose connector causing intermittent power with fuel pump. (if I'm thinking of the same one you are)

Clutch switch?
That's what I was thinking, but I don't know why clearing the computer would fix that? Idk.. I'll get more details when they figure it out and post here for future reference.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I think if certain issues come up the car just won't start whether it can or not, so clearing the codes allows it to start again until the previous problem puts out the same code.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think if certain issues come up the car just won't start whether it can or not, so clearing the codes allows it to start again until the previous problem puts out the same code.
That would explain it then... What kinda codes would do this? I'm guessing this wouldn't be just plain OBD-II, but instead relating to CAN-bus?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts