Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all..

I am new to the Dart world. I will be purchasing a Dart GT in a few weeks. It will be an AT 2.4L Tigershark setup.

I have a few questions. I know the stock HP is around 184.

By adding "bolt on" parts, CIA, Header & Exhaust, what interms of power gains are you seeing? I already have a 98 turbo eclipse "F&F replica" and turbo kits for the dart are upwards of 4 to 5k. Im not going to be in the market for that anytime soon. But would like to increase the base HP as much as I can with bolt ons.

What I have heard and read is CAI and header exhaust system with a good tune gets me well over 200+ hp and wakes the car up night & day difference.

What can you guys/gals tell me about your setup and what works well for these motors.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm full bolt ons, tune etc, literally cant do any more to the car besides nitrous or a turbo kit and I'm probably only at 210 crank hp (not wheel).

Engine mods include: Mopar CAI, Mopar Ram Air, Mopar Performance Catback, MPx Header, MPx Ported TB, RRM Lightweight Pulley, RRM Spectrum Tuner.

Full bolt ons including the turbo kit will be roughly 290 crank hp again, not counting for drivetrain loss.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for responding.. If I can achieve over 200 hp with bolt ons and a good tune, I would be happy.. Im going to go with the injen CAI , a header with DP and a Flowmaster exhaust and get a good tune on it with a the upgraded pully. Then just work on making it look good..

·
Registered
281 Posts
The biggest differences ive found driveability wise are the RRM Pulley, Enkei PF01 wheels, MPx Header, and the RRM Spectrum Tuner.

I would also highly recommend the DCR (Darrell Cox Racing) Poly Rear trans mount, it is vastly superior to Deyeme's offering in my own personal opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts