Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Dart with 108k miles. I have had to replace the rear shocks, engine mount, and transmission mount because they broke. I still have a rattling grinding sound coming from the right front of my car no one can figure out. Has anyone heard of this issue? The part for this vehicle is really expensive and I am tired of throwing money into it with no good outcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the sound is more predominant when starting out from a stop. It sounds like something is loose. I first thought it had something to do with the transmission however, it still shifts good and does not slip. The steering is still tight so I kind of ruled that out. Almost afraid to drive it very far.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Possible, however there is still strange sound when setting while in gear.
I'm far from knowledgeable about this topic but if you have the 1.4L it naturally has a slight tick to it when idling. Nobody has suggested it yet but you've stated it happens "when starting" and while "sitting in gear" and those are the times you can hear it the most. Just wanted to throw this out there too since nobody else has.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, the sound is more predominant when starting out from a stop. It sounds like something is loose. I first thought it had something to do with the transmission however, it still shifts good and does not slip. The steering is still tight so I kind of ruled that out. Almost afraid to drive it very far.
Have you checked the control arm & ball joints? I know it sounds crazy, but once mine were replaced, my "idle" noise went away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts