Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Dart Rallye, 6 speed manual for what it's worth. The Emergency brake just randomly stopped working. There is no resistance when I pull the handle. I'm not sure it's an adjustment issue, as it worked one day and not the next, but I guess it very well could be.

Where should I start the troubleshooting? Ideas on what may have broken?

· Registered
4,389 Posts
I'm guessing that one or both of the Parking Brake Cables [MOPAR part #s: 68232030AA (right) / 68232031AA (left)] broke ... or became disconnected.

· Registered
2014 Dodge Dart GT
1,485 Posts
You may also want to check the assembly in the back side of the center arm test console. Mine became lose, especially as it came closer to having to replace my brakes. May not be the issue, but may be worth looking at. Their is a thread dedicated to this and a few decent YouTube videos.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

· Registered
2016 Dodge Dart GT, 2.4 automatic, Torred, Mopar CAI and ram air
670 Posts
You may also want to check the assembly in the back side of the center arm test console. Mine became lose, especially as it came closer to having to replace my brakes. May not be the issue, but may be worth looking at. Their is a thread dedicated to this and a few decent YouTube videos.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Yea, I think you can tighten the ebrake at the center console with an extended socket. Mine is loose on my 2016 GT and covered under my extended warranty but I have to have total failure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts