Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Hopefully someone can help me out and its an easy solution.
The other day I was working on some things and disconnected the battery.
Well, about ten minutes later i reconnected the battery. Started the car up, and bam. The radio is completely blacked out. Power button does nothing. No response from it whatsoever.

Anyone run into this? Any ideas how i may be able to fix it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay so i found the fuse box.. How annoying.

I cannot figure out how im supposed to get a fuse out of there though. Its really crammed...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine only works when the car is cold. But if the car sits in the sun or drive it for alittle bit it wont cut back on. Ive done Everything except take it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have this same issue (girlfriends car), called the dealership and sure enough as soon as I said my problem the tech got all sus about it and instantly started saying how the price of diagnosis can increase with wiring problems, made me laugh. I've read dealerships replacing the radio 3 times before realizing (convince themselves) it's not the head unit that's bad. I can't tell if it's a cabin temp problem or a ignition/BCM problem (although increase in temp cause the radio to act up &not turn on). I've noticed if the radio does turn on when driving, if I turn the veichle back on but slowly cycle through key on, acc, run the radio will stay on but if I quicky turn the key to run the radio just turns off. I've pulled both radio fuses and both looked fine and because the radio will receive power and work flawless until car is turned off confirms it's not a short or a fuse problem. I believe the problem is with the BCM because this controls what turns off and stays on with accessories(radio,light,clock etc.) This being faulty could cause the car to not give power to the radio and because the problem arrived during ignition and not while driving might confirm this. Please let me know what the dart community thinks or of any of you have answers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts