Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
How can they call it a cuda. The cuda was a Plymouth I know Chrysler owned it but I think calling it the dodge cuda or Chrysler cuda doesn't sound right.

Sent from my iPhone using DodgeDart

·
Registered
713 Posts
How can they call it a cuda. The cuda was a Plymouth I know Chrysler owned it but I think calling it the dodge cuda or Chrysler cuda doesn't sound right.

Sent from my iPhone using DodgeDart
The same way the called a Neon, PT cruiser, Grand Caravan other names lol they all started under the Plymouth name and migrated to other brands.

·
Registered
126 Posts
What will likely happen according to Allpar, is that the R/T will become the performance model. This makes sense, I never imagined Dodge releasing a 300 HP AWD Dart. That's a pipe dream. However a FWD Dart with around 250 HP to compete with the likes of the Focus ST makes perfect sense.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
I think the turbo on the 2.4 with multiair was the problem.

To much to work to do on it and too many modifications. Plus with Dart sales as slow as they are at most dealers they would be scared to death of a $30,000 Dart right now. Would be like the SRT Grand Cherokees. Those things have not been selling well at all that far above the price point of a regular GC.
Ralph has recently said that the SRT GC was the best selling SRT vehicle

Oh man if you get the Charger w/ the Black Top package that will awesome
:)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ralph has recently said that the SRT GC was the best selling SRT vehicle

:)
I can tell you from experience that the GCs sit. We had 2 here for over 120 days and it was not pretty during inventory meetings. We had them posted for the last 30 days at invoice and did not get one bite on them.

The Chargers only sit for like 15 - 20 days at most. The Challangers average like 45 - 60 days. 300s are a hard sell also but we don't order many of them for that fact. We are all curious to see what the Viper does also. My guy goes to training on March 5th for the mechanical part of it and then we are supposed to get ours after that so we will see.

As for not being a DSRT. I was told by a FSE that it would be late 2015 and be 285 hp and AWD. Don't know that I believe the AWD part still but the 285 number has been thrown around alot by the guys from the factory in different conversations.

·
Banned
2,521 Posts
I'd like to see the R/T model hit 285 HP...Its very doable since the Caliber SRT-4 was 285 HP with the same 2.4 w/o multi-air. I guess it all comes down to cost. Maybe they'll release the R/T with around 250 HP and have a performance option that brings the HP up to 285 HP or something like that along with some other misc appearance items.

·
Registered
679 Posts
What I don't get is that why would they will come out with something with less HP out of a 2.4T. The NSRT had 230 HP at the tires, which was really around 260-265 at the crank, and the CSRT had 285. Seems very pointless to make less HP in a car that weighs more. Very disappointing news.

·
Registered
520 Posts
My guy told me this morning basically teh same thing that AllPar said. The dealers have thrown up a wall and now the SRT Dart is probably a no go ever.
There is rumors of the GT getting a Turbo and becoming an R/T. They are chasing a price point now so it will be interesting to see how many corners get cut and what happens. Next spring is the projection, but we have all heard this song before.

·
Registered
713 Posts
What I don't get is that why would they will come out with something with less HP out of a 2.4T. The NSRT had 230 HP at the tires, which was really around 260-265 at the crank, and the CSRT had 285. Seems very pointless to make less HP in a car that weighs more. Very disappointing news.

my caliber put down 275hp/254 torq bonestock on a 100+degree day....edmunds got 281/270 out of theirs. The Nsrt wasnt the only under rated car.....as for not having an SRT4 confuses me the SRT4 launched the SRT brand the Neon SRT4 was a raving success. It just doesnt make any sense to me.

a dealer buddy of mine told md he saw an SRT4 at the dealer show they had but things can change quickly in that world.

·
Registered
679 Posts
That 300 HP can happen with the 1.4T. It will need a larger turbo, injectors, and a tune for it, but it will be feasible. If you look at it, DCR has an NSRT-4 with a 2.6 stoker that makes 1200 HP, so 300 in the 1.4T is a possibility.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah; it just takes 'unlocking' the computer on these things. After that, it'll be 'cake'. lol
Don't forget forged rods, pistons, etc so the engine can handle the massive amounts of boost you have to throw at it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That 300 HP can happen with the 1.4T. It will need a larger turbo, injectors, and a tune for it, but it will be feasible. If you look at it, DCR has an NSRT-4 with a 2.6 stoker that makes 1200 HP, so 300 in the 1.4T is a possibility.
It's a goal for a few years down the road. By that time there should be a good selection of aftermarket upgrades for the 1.4t.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I think sometime had already said somewhere that the darts internals are all forged
Ok. I didn't know that but it would be cool it they are forged. You still have to think about the transmission though after the ECM as Suz rightly stated(heck no one could seriously mod the GTR until the tuners figured out how to get into the ECM so I would expect the same here). And what levels of boost can be withsttod..putting 20-30psi of boost into an engine without considering all the internals is no joke as I'm sure you know.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts
About this Discussion
65 Replies
31 Participants
b3ar2264
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing