Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart SXT Blacktop RALLY Edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this vehicle one because it looked sharp and it was economical. Now when I bought the vehicle it only had 40,000 miles on it. And it is starting to have major problems. It is starting to overheat. I take very good care of my cars and keep up on the maintenance. The engine stalled out while doing a satellite update. I had to replace the entire oil in the engine after getting an oil change due to it being completely out of oil with NO leaks anywhere. And now the all of a sudden overheating. I am at such a loss.

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
If you have any warranty left, get an oil consumption test done. Some 2.4L engines burn oil and it only gets worse. If it's bad enough, you might get a new engine. In the meatime, buy a 5 qt jug of 0-W20, keep it in the trunk, and check your oil level every time you fill up the gas tank.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart SXT Blacktop RALLY Edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately the warranties are void due to the first owners accidents. The vehicle has a salvage title. So i am truly at a loss.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I won't tell you what you should do, but I will tell you what I'd do. I'd sell the car. Sorry to say that, but you probably have a lot of costly repairs in the car's future.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wait.. How long after the oil change did you find out there was no oil? If it wasn't long at all after, I would definitely question weather they put oil in the car. A ton of those oil change shops hire people that don't know what the hell they are doing and I have even ran into that myself where I took it (in my case back 20 years ago at Walmart) and they claimed I had very little oil when refilling. I went home, and guess what? I was going up a hill and the engine made a horrible racket. Same as you. No oil at all. I filled it with oil and guess what? Ran perfect for a few years after and never used a drop. I would question everything else but the car especially if that hasn't happened before and you have ran it at least 6k miles since you purchased it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts