Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! :haha:
My name is Cody, I'm out of Lubbock, TX, and am the owner of a Black on Black 2013 Dart SXT, 2.0L, with the Rallye Appearance Package, Underbody Aero Package and UConnect 200 w/VR and BT.

I've had somewhat of a love/hate relationship for the first year because it seemed like I was always taking it back to the dealership for issue after issue. First it was the UConnect, BT just suddenly stopped working, a quick computer flash and never had another problem. Second time was because of a cold start issue that was keeping me from being able to use the remote start to warm it up in the mornings and would take crank after crank to get it to start, again a quick computer flash and fixed. Then it was a cracked windshield, I mean really cracked and it was free of damage, Chrysler warrantied it no problem. It seems that all the bugs are worked out, fingers crossed.

So now that we have the issues ironed out, I'm yet again in love with my car. When I was shopping for a new car, due to my '94 DelSol telling me it was time by deciding to die for good, I test drove every mid-sized 4-door sedan on the market(except for GM cars). Though all of my test drives were at least satisfactory in driving comfort it was the Dart that stood out from the pack when it came to a comfortable drive(and ride for 3 more adults) with plenty of leg room(front and back), very little road noise and superb handling with enough power to make winding mountain roads fun to drive.

My only modification so far has been my window tint(which is a must when you live in West Texas and drive a black car). I'm have many more audio, visual and performance modifications plans that are finally coming to fruition. I will be posting pics and videos of these projects along the way!

If you got any questions! Just ask!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Continuation of my Introduction (2 of 5)

A few projects that I have coming up in the near future is a total audio system upgrade, cold air intake(still just thinking about this one), an exhaust system and springs to drop it down about 2 inches. Will have pictures and stories containing both successes and failures/issues and tips for others on each and every one of my projects.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Continuation of my Introduction (3 of 5)...

I'm glad I'm almost up to 5 posts, I'm starting to wonder if there might be an easier way to weed out spammers? Probably not.... Any who, I just got the oil changed in my Dart for the 3rd time the other day and it took me until today to finally get the owners manual out to figure out how to reset the "Oil Change Due" message. Wow that was easy but I bet I won't remember it for the next time! :crazy:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Continuation of my Introduction (4 of 5)

At this point in the posting new threads process my wrists are starting to cramp up.... Got a question for all the other newb's who may read this, have you had any cold start or remote start issues with your car when it's cold outside? And have you already had it fixed? What did the technicians tell you? Just wondering how many others there are.

They didn't really tell me anything other than "here, your car is fixed, now go away", the people at my nearest dealership aren't exactly people people.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Continuation of my Introduction (5 of 5).... Good deal!

I look forward to getting to know as many people as I can with similar interests in cars. Add me as a friend if you're a car nut too! :cool:

·
Registered
4,345 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,962 Posts
several people have reported it, and I have merged all 5. Too many times I think they get the idea of 5 posts confused with 5 threads. The only thing gained by hitting 5 posts is the ability to upload pictures. They can still host them elsewhere and link them.

anyways @BlackBlackDart Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Yes. I reported this members threads. Lol.
Me too!

This is the second new member this week that thought they had to have 5 posts to "get out of a newbie status".

Perhaps the Admins recently changed the new member policies and/or the wording in the auto-generated welcome message ... ???

It's my understanding that the "5 post minimum" is just to keep SPAMers / Trolls from posting images in a thread ... and the "20 post minimum" is to keep free-loaders from posting a For Sale ad in the Classifieds sub-forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you, and I will check out the polls.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
several people have reported it, and I have merged all 5. Too many times I think they get the idea of 5 posts confused with 5 threads. The only thing gained by hitting 5 posts is the ability to upload pictures. They can still host them elsewhere and link them.

anyways @BlackBlackDart Welcome aboard!
I did get a little confused by that! Thank you for the clarification.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yes, great to have another Dart lover to share.
Heard it''s already hot in Texas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts