Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Monroe has been around for many years. It's probably very similar to the original in performance. I'm not a fan of quick struts. I like to use the original springs. You have no idea how those quick strut springs will handle. Some parts stores have the equipment to swap your old springs to new struts.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Monroe has been around for many years. It's probably very similar to the original in performance. I'm not a fan of quick struts. I like to use the original springs. You have no idea how those quick strut springs will handle. Some parts stores have the equipment to swap your old springs to new struts.
yea thats what i was thinking i might just rebuild the original strut

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should just the strut return to its original position when compressed? or is a strut that is compressed and remains compressed compromised?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
A good strut rod will take some effort to compress and should return itself. I don't think I ever had a used strut return itself. Just recently, I replaced rear struts on one of my Neons. One side the rod would fall or out in by itself with no effort and the other side took some effort to compress but took extreme effort to pull out. Those struts were about ten years old but just recently affected the ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts