Dodge Dart Forum banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
but it is no RS; which will be the SRTs primary competition this side of the STi & final edition Evo's.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Sat in a Challenger SRT (not Hellcat) at the dealer last week. Very very comfortable. Seats to die for (not designed for a ten year old), driving position and the three pedal placement excell-freaking-ent, and the console area by the shifter is just beautiful. Very driver oriented but without feeling walled-in like the new claustrophobic Corvette. Very nice piece of work. You just want to take hold of that flat-bottomed uber chunky steering wheel and never let go........
Vehicle Car Gear shift Family car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Sat in a Challenger SRT (not Hellcat) at the dealer last week. Very very comfortable. Seats to die for (not designed for a ten year old), driving position and the three pedal placement excell-freaking-ent, and the console area by the shifter is just beautiful. Very driver oriented but without feeling walled-in like the new claustrophobic Corvette. Very nice piece of work. You just want to take hold of that flat-bottomed uber chunky steering wheel and never let go........
View attachment 49306 View attachment 49307
Not that I'd ever get one but please tell me that shifter is broken. What sane person would design the placement of the climate controls where you will hit them while shifting?

I know. The same person that displays the best hood for the Dart and decides NOT to release it. FML.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
It's more of an optical illusion on the pic . It wasn't close enough for any normal size hand to hit the controls. People said the same thing about the Dart when it came out and I never once hit the buttons while shifting. Maybe a Paul Bunyon type with huge knuckles. I rather liked it. Looks funky in a good way.

·
Registered
165 Posts
...or swapping the ball for a pistol grip may cause issues. Challengers are comfortable cars, and the SRT satisfies those needs that the Dart cannot yet I hope .

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
random thought: has anyone even seen either charger or challenger scatpack? o_O
I have yet to see either at a dealership or "in the wild" ... only in (the online version of) magazines:

In magazines, I believe Car & Driver review'd it against its class (Camaro & 'Stangs)

... and a Scat Pack Charger in this Ad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have yet to see either at a dealership or "in the wild" ... only in (the online version of) magazines:

... and a Scat Pack Charger in this Ad:

I drove one in December when my dart got the headlight replaced. 6 speed sublime green. dry roads and sideways down a 2 lane doing 80. wicked car wish i could afford it haha

121 - 130 of 130 Posts