Dodge Dart Forum banner

New Rims ??

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  alpinegreenneon 
#1 ·
Hello all i have the 18"hyperblack stock rims on my 13 dart and I am sick of bent rims and blowouts and losing air from bead not taking from slight bends in rim.

I want 17" wheels that are stronger and not feel like i hit a brick wall when i hit a pothole (NY Roads suck)
what 17"rims look like the hyperblacks ? 5star but stronger ?

#2 ·
I have 17" rims on mine and I'm preparing to have all four replaced on Monday because three of them are bent due to pot holes. As long as you use aluminum rims you're going to face this problem, no matter the size. If you want to reduce the possibility of damage you might want to consider steel.

#4 ·
Do Americans not believe in maintaining roads? In almost 8 years, I have never damaged a tire due to a pothole, and the only "structural" damage to a wheel is a small bend in the lip, and that happened on a highway on ramp in PA that had an inexplicable and extremely dangerous crater-sized pothole that I couldn't avoid without an off-road excursion into the wilderness. I still have my original wheels, which otherwise are just chipped and dinged a bit. Also, one of them may have some scrapes from a curb whose position may have been misjudged.

#5 ·
We believe in over-paying for an inferior product. Road repair is like a mobster run entity around here. They charged 1.2 billion(forgot exact amount) for 20 miles of highway. Estimated completion time 20 years. They just finished the latest batch of 5 miles and then told everybody, whoops sorry we put the wrong concrete blend down so we will have to rip it all out and start over.

Their latest scams involve repaving the highway but moving the existing road slightly in the name of "safety and traffic reduction". This means they have to spend months moving giant piles of dirt from its current location to a new location 200 feet away.

Don't get me started on the new "diverging diamond" road construction. Dumbest mess I've ever seen. I can't wait to see how much traffic that adds.

#6 ·
The problem is low profile tires with any wheel. The 16 inch 55 profile on my Darts have hit potholes with no wheel damage, maybe I'm just lucky. Whoever started the trend for rubber band tires should have driven real roads not just a digital road in a design studio.

Reactions: airtray
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.