Dodge Dart Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Oh ok no prob. When I ordered the only one I could choose was the silver painted... I tried black and it didn't work. Either way I'm real happy! Now that I ordered silver I'm glad I did cause it looks stock.
Weird... Well if you want it switched to a different color let me know on here today. We can do as you request.

I did just try choosing other colors, it worked fine for me? So maybe it is a computer issue? At any rate let me know if you want anything changed for colors.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Oh it may have been my iPhone? Either way Ill be ok with the silver. Thanks for the help tho! Are you guys working on the other mm on the drivers side?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Oh it may have been my iPhone? Either way Ill be ok with the silver. Thanks for the help tho! Are you guys working on the other mm on the drivers side?

Okay thanks.

And yes possibly someday here. With the current 2 mounts 95%+ of movement is now being controled, there most likely not be to much gain by doing the 3rd mount.

·
Registered
239 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362280506.692859.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362280518.042711.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362280540.859323.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362280557.342624.jpg

Here are side by side pics of the stock motor mount and turbo tech racing's. install was easy and installed in a about 35 min. Only thing that I saw that could be updated is you should include a washer for the nut side. I ran into a problem where the stock nut was digging into the bracket because of the flange that prevents the nut from spinning. Adding a simple correct sized washer eliminated that issue.

·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,440 Posts
Are the extra vibrations really noticeable? Also, what benefits do upgraded mounts provide?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Are the extra vibrations really noticeable? Also, what benefits do upgraded mounts provide?
and to answer your second question, upgraded motor mounts with stiffer supporting material can increase the amount of torque transferred from the engine/transmission to the wheels by greatly reducing, or eliminating, the engine's ability to be torqued on it's own motor mounts. When you start moving from a stop, especially if you really hit the gas, there's a lot of power output from the engine, but because the wheels aren't moving at the time, one of two things will happen. 1) the amount of power being exerted is strong enough to break the tires loose, or 2) the power exerted from the engine isn't strong enough to break the tires loose, resulting in the car starting to move forward, but power from the engine that isn't able to aide in moving the car along faster is instead twisting the motor on its mounts.

Long story short... the less your engine can be torqued on its own mounts, the more engine torque that makes it to your tires.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I installed both the upper engine mount and the lower transmission mount, and the vibration was absolutely unbearable! The whole car vibrated, and it was not fun to drive at all. I enjoy the car's quietness and smoothness, but be advised, if you install these mounts, the interior of the car will vibrate excessively at all RPMs, and be an absolute pain on you and your passengers. Even on the freeway, it was so loud and vibrated so much. I immediately turned the car around, and went back to the garage, and put the stock upper mount back in the car, and it was smooth as silk. I left the lower one in, and the vibration is only noticeable at idle now. Turbo Tech will not refund me the money....

If anyone would like to purchase this mount off me, I will ship it for free. It is powder coated RED, and will be new in the box with all of the instructions and parts. $199 and its yours!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts