Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another DMR Original! These wheel spacers are CNC-machined from billet aluminum alloy, and specifically made for the 2013-up Dodge Dart. These are NOT cheap generic "universal" spacers!

The lug pattern is 5x110, with a 140mm overall diameter. The spacers include threaded holes (5mm - 0.8mm) between each lug bolt hole (1/4" and thicker only), so they can be permanently affixed to a set of wheels- very handy if you're using them for steel wheels for seasonal use (16" winter steelies, for example).

These things are truly a work of art... and science. We're setting pricing right now to $79 for a pair, and they include longer lug bolts to compensate for the thickness of the spacers. Two spacers + 10 new lug bolts = $79. The spacers will be available in 1/8" (3mm), 3/16" (4mm), 1/4" (6mm), and 5/16" (8mm) thickness. 3/8" is do-able, but that doesn't leave much wheel on the hub center.

update, w/ pics:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looking forward to it
I kinda wanted a better stance with the factory rims
I'll defs be getting these when someone finally comes out with coilovers

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dart1.4. We have coilovers on our racecar ('96 Neon ACR), and love 'em. Having had the wheels off our Dart, I really don't see how coilovers would be possible for the rear-end. They are set up with dampers and springs as separate pieces, rather than a more conventional McPhereson Strut style design. There isn't any room along the damper well to have the additional diameter of the coil-over spring. The front would probably be do-able. Tried not to look too hard, since I didn't want to get sidetracked ;-)

·
Registered
492 Posts
this is exactly whative been looking for. ive been looking for a wheel spacer for the dart but cant find a lug bolt that will work. a slightly wider stance would make the dart look good - atleast i think. i will be purchasing as soon as they are available!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I too am interested.... Pics once installed please and thanks

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the 3d rendering. Pics of the production pieces will be posted (alone and installed) as soon as they're in. We'll be fitting them up with the OEM Rallye wheels, as well as two aftermarket 16" steelies.

PF1WhlSpc_3d-1.jpg

The smaller holes opposite the lug bolt holes are M5 threaded, for attaching the spacers to wheels. That will involve drilling, and is optional.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Dart1.4. We have coilovers on our racecar ('96 Neon ACR), and love 'em. Having had the wheels off our Dart, I really don't see how coilovers would be possible for the rear-end. They are set up with dampers and springs as separate pieces, rather than a more conventional McPhereson Strut style design. There isn't any room along the damper well to have the additional diameter of the coil-over spring. The front would probably be do-able. Tried not to look too hard, since I didn't want to get sidetracked ;-)
Look at the rear end on a b7 Audi a4 same way and a million coil options.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lug bolts arrived today, and have been verified to fit. Also took a wheel off and screwed the OEM lug bolt all the way in, and it didn't bottom out. Looks like the stock ones could be a few millimeters longer as well.

First batch of spacers should arrive in 10-15 days!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Lug bolts arrived today, and have been verified to fit. Also took a wheel off and screwed the OEM lug bolt all the way in, and it didn't bottom out. Looks like the stock ones could be a few millimeters longer as well.

First batch of spacers should arrive in 10-15 days!
then the kit will go onsale?

·
Registered
492 Posts
then the kit will go onsale?

Do you know what thickness of spacers you'd be looking to get? The first batch to arrive will be 1/4" thick. They should (although I'm still waiting to test fit them to say for sure) allow some standard aftermarket 16" steel wheels to fit over the Dart's front caliper. We plan on stocking them in 1/8" to 3/16", in 1/16" increments. The 1/4" and thicker will have the tapped M5 holes for attaching to the wheels, which is optional, and just makes it easier to keep track of and install them if you're going to be using them with seasonal wheels.
1/4" would be great! 1/2" total would be awsome.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The first batch of spacers, 1/4" (6mm) are in stock and ready to ship! And we'll include longer lug bolts, too, so you don't have to go hunting for them.

I've tested these spacers with the 16" x 6.5" wheels from the Tire Rack, but "your mileage may vary" since they also had CHINA stamped on the back... not sure if I'd wanna run those on my ride.

Just ordered some new made in USA wheels from another source, which already have slightly better clearance behind them for the front brake calipers. I expect to have to use spacers there, too, but probably only 3/16" instead of 1/4".

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We're waiting for the 3/16" and 5/16" spacers to arrive, and we'll get a whole host of pictures and measurements then. I'll be using the 1/4" spacers on my Dart, with 16x6.5 steel wheels and Bridgestone Blizzak 205/55-R16 winter tires. I have other suspension items I'm prototyping on the car right now, and I don't want to keep the spacers on there at this time, so I don't throw my datalogging measurements off. I'll probably run 1/8" or 3/16" spacers on the "summer" wheels (the OE 17" alloys, for now) for wider track. For the winter wheels, the spacers are necessary for brake clearance.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's pics with the 1/4" spacers installed. Still waiting for the machine shop to get us the rest of them, but wanted to get these posted. I'll try to get similar pics with all the spacers (and with none) for some side-by-side comparisons.

·
Registered
492 Posts
i was bored at work so i took some *stock* photos of the wheels. then my service manager asked me what i was doing. then he proceeded to laugh at me. i hope that is ok deyeme?

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finally got our winter wheel/tire combo installed. Backspace on the wheels is 5", which pushes the tires out to the corners some. Combine that with the 1/4" spacers, and the track is pushed to the max for the best stability and traction possible with the given tire width.
Wheel: 16 x 6.5", 5" backspace, steel, sparkle silver paint
Wheel Spacer: our own 1/4" thick aluminum ones
Tire: Bridgestone Blizzak LM25 RFT, 205/55-16.

I put a plumb-bob next to the car, and the string touches the tire rubber and the fender at the same position. As the camber goes negative slightly during compression, the tires should tuck nicely into the fender. You definately wouldn't want to lower the car and run these wheels and tires unless you had stiffer suspension to compensate.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cleaner pics forthcoming, as I get some tire shine on those tires, and wash the car (weather hasn't been very cooperative).

1 - 20 of 228 Posts