Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I'm a New member, I'm glad to be here with you all.
I have a question, I just bought a used dodge dart sxt 2016, the third brake light needs to be removed so I need someone to tell me how.
Thank you for your help.

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
08 - Electrical / 8L - Lamps and Lighting / Lamps/Lighting - Exterior / LAMP, Center High Mounted Stop / Removal

REMOVAL

1.Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.

2.Remove both rear grab handles from the headliner. (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/HANDLE, Grab/Removal) .

3.Remove the trim panels from the inside of both C-pillars. (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/PANEL, C-Pillar Trim/Removal) .

4.Using a trim stick or another suitable wide flat-bladed tool, carefully pry at the parting line between the Center High Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL) (1) and the CHMSL cover (3) that is secured to the center rear of the headliner (2) far enough to disengage the four snap clips that secure the cover through the CHMSL housing to the inner rear roof header.

5.Carefully pull down the rear edge of the CHMSL cover and headliner (2) far enough to access and disconnect the overhead wire harness connector from the CHMSL (3) connector receptacle.

6.Carefully pull down the rear edge of the CHMSL cover far enough to access and disengage the snap clips that secure the CHMSL to the inner rear roof header (1).

7.Remove the CHMSL from the vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts