Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased a 2016 SXT Sport, 2.0, 6sp Auto. It has 51,000 miles on it.

I need to replace the under body shields (Closeout Panel and Front Engine Splash Shield). They are beat up and hanging down more than I like. I've seen where Deyeme Racing makes a kit that has more clearance than the factory. They have two versions (.060 & .090)...anyone use them and prefer the heavier version?

Are there any other options I should look? My daughter will be driving this car, so more clearance would be a good thing.

Thx,

Don

Attachments

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Looks exactly like one of the Darts I looked at before buying mine. The reason I did not buy it was the 17 inch wheels. I wanted the 16 inch wheels. I am not a fan of low profile tires. Curious if you live in or near Wisconsin. I have never seen another Dart with the chrome accents.
I have never heard a bad thing about any product Travis (Deyeme Racing) sells. With the Dart sitting so low, I would go with the thicker ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Arkansas. I know what you mean about low profile tires. Not a huge fan, but at least these aren't the rubber band type low. Yes, it has the Chrome Package Equipment Option (AED).

I'm leaning towards the thicker option by Deyeme. Thanks.

- Don

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Still curious, I found the VIN and build sheet for the Torred SXT I was looking at. Last 5 of the VIN?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Build Sheet lists the color as Redline 2 Coat Pearl & my last five of VIN is 17063.

It also shows the car was originally purchased in Georgia.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Oh well, definitely not the same.

·
Super Moderator
4,524 Posts
I have never seen another Dart with the chrome accents.
I am pretty sure every single limited comes standard with chrome accents. I am assuming since they axed the Limited trim for 2016, they needed to do something with all those chrome parts and made it package. Honestly don't know much about the 2016 models and packages, but if I did not know any better I would say that is a 2013-2015 Limited based on the handles, and wheels. But I can see there is not turn signal mirrors and does not look like it has the smart key lock button on the handle. Have you always had 2016 Darts, Case? I swore you have been around here for a lot longer. lol

Also @doneking it looks like you are missing the antenna on the car. Honestly I think you can go without it, but just figured I would point that out. Luckily since those are the Limited wheels, they are 17s and you can get thicker tires and not so low profile. However, make sure your Daughter washes and keeps those wheels clean during winter. Dodge chrome wheels are NOTORIOUS for corroding and pitting and looking absolutely terrible. Just an FYI. This has been like that on Chryslers for many years, and they still apparently have not figured out the problem as I have seen many limiteds with their wheels just eaten away after a year or 2 in the salt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good eye on the antenna. I just received a new one in the mail today along with two new remote key fobs. The wheels are actually the polished aluminum instead of chrome. You're right though, the chrome clad wheels suck as far as longevity. I have them on my Ram 1500 and you have to baby them.

I would rather have a little wider (& taller) tire, but the dealer just put brand new factory spec Kumho's on the car. I'll have to wait for that.

-Don

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Have you always had 2016 Darts, Case? I swore you have been around here for a lot longer. lol
I have only ever had the 2016 Darts. As a lifetime Mopar guy, I was interested in the Dart from when they first came out. I signed up for the forum and would only visit occasionally. Once it was apparent that FCA had most of the bugs taken care of, my wife decided she was ready for a new vehicle. That was May of 2016 and then in Sept, when FCA announced they were done with the Dart, I was impressed enough with my wife's Dart, that I went looking for a Dart of my own. The local in town dealer had a Torred with the chrome accents and the 17 inch wheels. That dealer was not interested in changing anything on the car. I went home and got online to look for a Torred Dart with 16 inch wheels. Found one in Fargo ND, called and made a deal over the phone to trade in one of my Neons for $500 sight unseen. That '97 Neon was the one my daughter drove since high school and there wasn't a straight panel on it. I drove that Neon about 6 hours to Fargo, and about 45 minutes later, I had my Torred Dart which I then drove 6 hours back home here in WI.

·
Super Moderator
4,524 Posts
I have only ever had the 2016 Darts. As a lifetime Mopar guy, I was interested in the Dart from when they first came out. I signed up for the forum and would only visit occasionally. Once it was apparent that FCA had most of the bugs taken care of, my wife decided she was ready for a new vehicle. That was May of 2016 and then in Sept, when FCA announced they were done with the Dart, I was impressed enough with my wife's Dart, that I went looking for a Dart of my own. The local in town dealer had a Torred with the chrome accents and the 17 inch wheels. That dealer was not interested in changing anything on the car. I went home and got online to look for a Torred Dart with 16 inch wheels. Found one in Fargo ND, called and made a deal over the phone to trade in one of my Neons for $500 sight unseen. That '97 Neon was the one my daughter drove since high school and there wasn't a straight panel on it. I drove that Neon about 6 hours to Fargo, and about 45 minutes later, I had my Torred Dart which I then drove 6 hours back home here in WI.
That is an awesome story. For how involved you still are, I swore you were as involved back in the day when the forum flourished. If we can even say it did.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
When I first joined, it would take hours to lurk there were so many new posts.
Found a pic of the Neon I traded.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts