Dodge Dart Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Man, I finally got this installed today.

Like others have said, it's kind of a pain to do just because of the tight space. Honestly, the hardest part of the entire mod was getting the old pieces off.... Between prying away at the old bushing (which is in a hard to reach spot) and prying up the old shift control arm (mine was completely stuck to the shaft, took me and my old man 45 minutes with a hammer and a tuning fork to get the thing off), it's just rough to get the old pieces off. Honestly, didn't need to take any other parts off the car. Left everything as-is and just worked around everything. Probably didn't help, but it also wasn't keeping the bushing and control arm stuck in place either. Fiat did a great job engineering these pieces.

But reassembly was easier. Managed to not lose either of the tiny wire clips, and adjusting the position of the stud was a breeze. Everything went together smoothly. And now the car shifts beautifully! I went with the 32% reduction, and it's awesome. The throw is nice and snappy, the gear engagement feels more firm, and I can shift even more quickly than I already was! Think it's time for the CDV delete....

Thanks Travis and the whole Deyeme team for this. It's a simple solution that doesn't cost a fortune.
You're welcome!!

The CDV Delete and the short shift control arm are a great combo, and makes for some tire chirping fun ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Last week I received the CDV Delete and Shift Control Rod, both in blue. I had no issues with the CDV, but I figured I'd go ahead and do the delete anyway. The Shift Control Rod on the other hand, kept causing issues getting into Reverse, 1st and 2nd gears. The shift was also incredibly sloppy, allowing the shifter to flop around quite a bit. Now the shifter feels much better and getting into Reverse, 1st and 2nd gears no longer requires near as much effort. Still got more parts to order in the coming weeks, and they will definitely be from Deyeme Racing.... May even go for that short shift lever.....

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
i just bought this today, maybe i ordered it wrong but i didnt get the discount, i ordered both. 2014 dart. also is there an instructions page? @DeyemeRacing
Thanks! I see that you ordered each item separately, both without the other as an option. To get the discount, order either one, with the other as an option (rather than both as separate items). It's no problem, though. We can reprocess your order here, and issue a partial refund. You should see an updated invoice in your email shortly.

Instructions are included, and you can also find them online, at MTX Shift Control Rod and Shift Control Arm Installation: FCA PF1 (2013-2016 Dodge Dart) (that page covers the shift control rod and arm).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not the prettiest picture because I decided to install these while in the middle of swapping out a leaking vacuum booster gasket so it's quite dirty down there. When I took off the stock linkage there was ZERO grommet left around the linkage ring. Although the pins were a pain to get it (partially my fault because I left the turbo piping on and had to get the back pin in with a needle nose plier) I'm excited to have a well crafted solution that won't break down after a few years! Also excited to break in the short throw! Can't wait to get the CDV delete in next! Loving it! Thanks!
74477372_10156394655401109_6412341221800280064_o.jpg

·
Registered
325 Posts
Heads up guys, this part might have a problem.

The rear ball joint that the control rod connects to (not the short shift arm), wore down on my car as a direct result of the control rod. See the pictures below, the flat spot on the ball coincides exactly with the location where the clip passes through the socket to hold everything together.

I've had the part on my car for over a year. The other day, the rod fell off the ball while driving (due to the wear) and I was stuck in third.
I got a new part installed in my car (which apparently doesn't have a part number, so I'll have to call the dealer to get you guys more information on the part), and I put back on the old control rod, so this shouldn't be an issue anymore.

You guys might want to check to see if this is happening to you. Who knows, I could be the only one with this issue (but I doubt it, the wear was ridiculous).

IMG_20200406_092315.jpg IMG_20200406_092322.jpg IMG_20200406_093010.jpg

Reactions: Mass_Paul

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Heads up guys, this part might have a problem.

The rear ball joint that the control rod connects to (not the short shift arm), wore down on my car as a direct result of the control rod. See the pictures below, the flat spot on the ball coincides exactly with the location where the clip passes through the socket to hold everything together.

I've had the part on my car for over a year. The other day, the rod fell off the ball while driving (due to the wear) and I was stuck in third.
I got a new part installed in my car (which apparently doesn't have a part number, so I'll have to call the dealer to get you guys more information on the part), and I put back on the old control rod, so this shouldn't be an issue anymore.

You guys might want to check to see if this is happening to you. Who knows, I could be the only one with this issue (but I doubt it, the wear was ridiculous).

View attachment 125667 View attachment 125668 View attachment 125669
Just to confirm, that is the opposite end of the control arm, correct? Also, how many miles would you say you put on using the Deyeme Rod and Arm?

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
@Caveman_Dave Can you take a few more pictures of where the ball is pressed into that arm? like a top down picture and also a picture from that back? I wonder if there is a way to replace the ball knob area just for curiosity sake?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just to confirm, that is the opposite end of the control arm, correct? Also, how many miles would you say you put on using the Deyeme Rod and Arm?

Yes, this is the far end, under the weird looking cast piece. I put about 25k on this.

@Caveman_Dave Can you take a few more pictures of where the ball is pressed into that arm? like a top down picture and also a picture from that back? I wonder if there is a way to replace the ball knob area just for curiosity sake?
The ball is a 2-piece press (ball on one side, another piece pressed in from the other side), so no way to replace it without completely destroying everything. I don't have access to the piece at the moment, but when I do I'll upload some pics.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Got the part number for the weird looking piece. It's called LEVER, and the P/N is 68166676AA if anyone runs into this issue down the road and need to replace the lever like I had to.

Reactions: Mass_Paul

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Got the part number for the weird looking piece. It's called LEVER, and the P/N is 68166676AA if anyone runs into this issue down the road and need to replace the lever like I had to.
Thanks for the info and follow up.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts