· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know anything about the copper plugs until recently, and this is
Automotive lighting Font Audio equipment Auto part Spark plug

Font Auto part Spark plug Automotive lighting Metal

Household hardware Font Auto part Metal Titanium

Font Fluid Audio equipment Cable Liquid

what they look like at just over 64k. Swapped with NGK Iridum IX 4469 plugs gapped at.045. The change in the idle smoothness and how it runs is excellent. Was running a little rough at idle. Also put a new PCV valve and run nothing but Pennzoil Platinum PurePlus in my motor.

· Registered
2014 Dodge Dart GT
1,485 Posts
I didn't know anything about the copper plugs until recently, and this is View attachment 130273
View attachment 130275
View attachment 130274
View attachment 130272
what they look like at just over 64k. Swapped with NGK Iridum IX 4469 plugs gapped at.045. The change in the idle smoothness and how it runs is excellent. Was running a little rough at idle. Also put a new PCV valve and run nothing but Pennzoil Platinum PurePlus in my motor.
I replace my Autolite 5325 coppers every 10k to 15k miles. Do not last nearly as long as iridium, but give you other benefits.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Reactions: 15GT73

· Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
108 Posts
Copper plugs provide no benefit over iridium plugs in dodge darts. All spark plugs have copper cores, you're paying for the electrode tip metal. Copper plugs have a copper core with nickel tip and iridium plugs have a copper core with an iridium tip. Both of which doesn't matter as both have internal 5k ohm ceramic resistors (to limit RFI and damage from capacitance after-fire). Copper-nickel plugs are 2x less conductive than iridium, 2x softer, foul easier, and fire less consistently. They aren't even cheaper, at half the price, but need to be replaced 10x for every one set of iridium plugs.

Font Screenshot Electronic device Technology Software

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Copper plugs provide no benefit over iridium plugs in dodge darts. All spark plugs have copper cores, you're paying for the electrode tip metal. Copper plugs have a copper core with nickel tip and iridium plugs have a copper core with an iridium tip. Both of which doesn't matter as both have internal 5k ohm ceramic resistors (to limit RFI and damage from capacitance after-fire). Copper-nickel plugs are 2x less conductive than iridium, 2x softer, foul easier, and fire less consistently. They aren't even cheaper, at half the price, but need to be replaced 10x for every one set of iridium plugs.

View attachment 130306
Thanks for the post. Really happy with how much smoother the car is idling, also. Seems to accelerate a bit better.

· Registered
60 Posts
Good to know. Do you feel more vibration?
Yeah, at idle you get some vibration. The stock mounts were junk when I bought the car with 40k miles, I was getting a clunk when accelerating hard at any speed and vibrations at different speeds as well as idle. I can live with some vibrations at idle to fix the end moving so much and clunking.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, at idle you get some vibration. The stock mounts were junk when I bought the car with 40k miles, I was getting a clunk when accelerating hard at any speed and vibrations at different speeds as well as idle. I can live with some vibrations at idle to fix the end moving so much and clunking.
So far I've had no issues but I will keep this in mind. Did you replace them all?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts