Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! Brand new to the site.. just bought a '14 Dart SXE last Saturday when my tC died. I know almost nothing about cars so please forgive me if I ask dumb questions.. I'm just trying to learn everything I can. After attending my first Darts of Northeast Ohio meet last night I can already tell I'm going to be addicted to upgrading my new baby.. if anyone has any suggestions please let me know! First things first I plan on plastidipping my wheels until I can afford some new ones. Maybe throw on a nicer exhaust and make this baby pur. If anyone can recommend some affordable options it would be totally awesome.

Nice to meet you all! And thanks in advance for the help :)

--lp

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Hey Guys! Brand new to the site.. just bought a '14 Dart SXE last Saturday when my tC died. I know almost nothing about cars so please forgive me if I ask dumb questions.. I'm just trying to learn everything I can. After attending my first Darts of Northeast Ohio meet last night I can already tell I'm going to be addicted to upgrading my new baby.. if anyone has any suggestions please let me know! First things first I plan on plastidipping my wheels until I can afford some new ones. Maybe throw on a nicer exhaust and make this baby pur. If anyone can recommend some affordable options it would be totally awesome.

Nice to meet you all! And thanks in advance for the help :)

--lp
Nice to see you on here! Glad you had fun. I'm Madelynn's boyfriend XD lol

As for exhaust I have the summit racing exhaust on my car. It's the cheapest exhaust "kit" you can buy in a box and bolt on vs going to an exhaust shop and having them make something. A shop might cost around $300 which is not far off from this one. Plus summit is local to us. There is the one right near Kent probably close to half hour away from where we had our meet last night. So local pick up, or summit also has free shipping.

Summit Racing® Cat-Back Exhaust Systems SUM-680017 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

If you're ever hanging out with me and Madelynn again you can hear it. She loves and want's me to get her one. lol :)

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Hey dude! Awesome thank you so much, I'll definitely look into it. I hope I'll be hanging out with her more. She's amazing and I've been seriously lacking some ginger in my life lol
haha also I wanted to note you have an SXT not an SXE :) lol and if you want to reply to anyone on here, you can hit the "reply with quote" option on the bottom right of each post. That generates an automatic quote of who you are replying to, and also notifies them that someone is asking them a question or replying to them. So they see it under the "notification" tab on the top of the site whenever they come in.

You can do that or tag people like on FB/twitter/instagram and use the @ symbol and then a user name and it will link them and also notify them. If we didn't have these options no one would ever answer! :p especially on posts that are older @littlelindsay

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha also I wanted to note you have an SXT not an SXE :) lol and if you want to reply to anyone on here, you can hit the "reply with quote" option on the bottom right of each post. That generates an automatic quote of who you are replying to, and also notifies them that someone is asking them a question or replying to them. So they see it under the "notification" tab on the top of the site whenever they come in.

You can do that or tag people like on FB/twitter/instagram and use the @ symbol and then a user name and it will link them and also notify them. If we didn't have these options no one would ever answer! :p especially on posts that are older @littlelindsay
hahah oh boy thank you! that is embarassing....

·
Registered
339 Posts
Congrats and welcome!! Mark your calendar for Mopar Nats in Columbus next August. There were tons of Darts there this past year and it's a very fun event.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Congrats and welcome!! Mark your calendar for Mopar Nats in Columbus next August. There were tons of Darts there this past year and it's a very fun event.
Hey stretch! Well if me and my girlfriend go again (which I will be there no questions asked lol) then she might come along as they are friends!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Good color choice! As for cheap mods ... sadly the word cheap and dart mods arent often in the same sentence. Trying to get performance out of my GT and I'm looking around 1200 to get it to 230 pony power, well more like hamster power.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Good color choice! As for cheap mods ... sadly the word cheap and dart mods arent often in the same sentence. Trying to get performance out of my GT and I'm looking around 1200 to get it to 230 pony power, well more like hamster power.
Just what exactly are you looking at to get it to 230 unicorn farts?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just what exactly are you looking at to get it to 230 unicorn farts?
injen cold air -- mpx 4 to 1 header -- mpx larger throttle body -- then you put the spectrum tuner and the light weight under drive pulley on it after you've opened up the engines ability to breathe ... you'll get a much better turn out with the tuners algorithms when you have an engine that breathes much better from the start of the tune.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
injen cold air -- mpx 4 to 1 header -- mpx larger throttle body -- then you put the spectrum tuner and the light weight under drive pulley on it after you've opened up the engines ability to breathe ... you'll get a much better turn out with the tuners algorithms when you have an engine that breathes much better from the start of the tune.
you might be at 200 crank hp with those mods. 230 is not in our future yet I'm afraid. Not until we get a flash tune (hopefully HPSI finishes that up soon :) ). The spectrum does a good job at doing whatever it does. But if you're going for full bolt ons you'll be disappointed. My friend had it on his and after he put the header on, the tuner was worthless. He took it off and noticed almost no difference. I have every mod except the header and he's quicker, and I have the spectrum on.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
@littlelindsay

so i have to ask what the history of your user name is. I had a friend in highschool that had the same nickname. This is the first time outside of highschool ive seen that name. just curious.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.