Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Dodger Dart GT is about to explode it’s misfiring like crazy giving me the same message a lot of people on here also get the oil solenoid is out of range. Long story short they don’t make just that part so I have to replace the whole Multi Air Acuator Assembly the thing is the whole part is 1,200 but should I waste the money on that when I can buy a whole new engine for the same price my car already has 100k on it and from what I hear that because I’ve drove with it like that misfiring there’s probably also unfixable damage to the engine I already changed the spark plugs and ignition coils I checked the oil pressure and got an oil change it’s right on point it’s not low or too filled up. please help should I just replace the part or just buy a new engine

·
Super Moderator
4,601 Posts
I would look for a wrecked Dart with a 2.4 at a you pull junkyard and just pull the MultiAir assembly. Probably will cost less than $100. Try not to turn it over so not too much oil drains. It will still take some prolonged cranking. Be careful installing it turning each bolt just a few turns sequentially so that it all lines up correctly.
If you do replace your MultiAir, consider trying to disassemble your old one or at least how to unstick stuck solenoid plungers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good evening I took your advice and went to a junkyard but could only find one for a Chrysler 200 will that one work?
154B32E5-FAA7-4CDB-A859-77042A6202B0.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
4,601 Posts
If it was from a 2.4, it should be the exact same MultiAir assembly. Carb cleaner works great to remove the junkyard writing pen marks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since all these cars had the same problem do you find it worth the risk buying one from the junkyard for it to have the same problem?

·
Super Moderator
4,601 Posts
Junkyard parts are priced right, cheap. Wrecked cars were running before they got wrecked. Not all 2.4s are having this problem. If you still get the same codes, maybe it wasn't the MultiAir assembly. At least you didn't pay $1000+ just for the part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2014 Dodger Dart GT is about to explode it’s misfiring like crazy giving me the same message a lot of people on here also get the oil solenoid is out of range. Long story short they don’t make just that part so I have to replace the whole Multi Air Acuator Assembly the thing is the whole part is 1,200 but should I waste the money on that when I can buy a whole new engine for the same price my car already has 100k on it and from what I hear that because I’ve drove with it like that misfiring there’s probably also unfixable damage to the engine I already changed the spark plugs and ignition coils I checked the oil pressure and got an oil change it’s right on point it’s not low or too filled up. please help should I just replace the part or just buy a new engine
My 2013 2.0 literally blew off 2 oil filters and dumped 5 quarts in a manner of 1 minute. After 40 days at Auto Nation Dodge (37 of those days sitting in the back lot) Dodge finally put in a new oil pump. The old one was frozen and putting out 450 PSI, thus causing the filters to blow. Glad I bought the lifetime premium warranty. So far it has cost me $500.00 for repairs and FCA close to $8,000.00. The planetary gears in the tranny are slipping, that's THEIR next nightmare.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I found a place that will change out the whole assembly they want to charge me 700 for the job is that a reasonable price? And I do Live in LA but just trying to see what other places would charge for a job like that

·
Super Moderator
4,601 Posts
If you could pull it then you can install it.

·
Super Moderator
4,601 Posts
Whoever installs it should at least have access to the FSM or have done this before. Anyone can quote a price and have no idea what is involved.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So now the shop is calling me and telling me that I don’t need to replace that part that it just needs new ignition coils and spark plugs but I already changed them ignition coils and spark plugs 4 months ago it did help but a month later it was doing the same misfiring again. They said they guarantee there work that it will fix it even after I told them all this. What should I do since they are guaranteeing the work should I just let them change just that and see if it happens again?

·
Super Moderator
4,601 Posts
Find another shop. They have no clue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In your opinion I should get that multi air brick changed if not it’s going to keep doing it no matter how many times I change the ignition coils and spark plugs?

·
Super Moderator
4,601 Posts
You would have different codes if it was only spark related. This is a MultiAir problem and if they don't understand that, they shouldn't be working on your engine.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
So I found a place that will change out the whole assembly they want to charge me 700 for the job is that a reasonable price? And I do Live in LA but just trying to see what other places would charge for a job like that
That's pretty reasonable for the amount of work involved.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts