Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I recently purchased a 2013 dart rallye, 1.4l turbo. I've had the car about a month when the check engine light came on and it felt like it was missing. I went by O'Rielly's to see what codes were coming up and was told it was missing on #4 so I replaced coil pack and spark plug. Still missing so I took to a dealership and was told it needs a new oil control valve and price for part and labor comes to 2550.00? From my research it looks like there is a VVT (OCV) for each cylinder. So my questions are can just one VVT be replaced or does the part with all four VVT'S have to be replaced?
I'm not a mechanic lol but I do try and learn as much as I can about vehicles I own.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Hi All,
I recently purchased a 2013 dart rallye, 1.4l turbo. I've had the car about a month when the check engine light came on and it felt like it was missing. I went by O'Rielly's to see what codes were coming up and was told it was missing on #4 so I replaced coil pack and spark plug. Still missing so I took to a dealership and was told it needs a new oil control valve and price for part and labor comes to 2550.00? From my research it looks like there is a VVT (OCV) for each cylinder. So my questions are can just one VVT be replaced or does the part with all four VVT'S have to be replaced?
I'm not a mechanic lol but I do try and learn as much as I can about vehicles I own.
The 1.4T uses MultiAir technology to control the valves. It relies on what people call a "brick" to operate the valve control. The entire brick will need to be replaced as it is one unit.

Does it only misfire when cold? Usually the oil passages get clogged up on the brick and once the oil comes up to temperature, the misfire will go away as the oil has more viscosity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts