Dodge Dart Forum banner

New Dart owner!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DelliReeus 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.. I recently purchased a 2014 Dodge Dart Aero with DDCT in True Blue Pearl. A couple days ago I installed the Injen CAI & I've been wondering.... Is the blow off sound supposed to be so obnoxious? Like every time I accelerate it goes off. Is it because of the automatic transmission? I also have ordered the RRM Pulley, Injen Cold & Hot intercooler piping, Mopar trunk protector, Go Fast Bits diverter valve, & Husky Liners floor liner set. I will post some pictures of the ride later once I get off work.

#2 · (Edited)
Is the blow off sound supposed to be so obnoxious? Like every time I accelerate it goes off. Is it because of the automatic transmission?
yes it's normal, and no it has nothing to do with your automated manual transmission (DDCT). If you don't like the sound, you'll need to switch your intake back to stock and use a K&N filter. Your performance will be the same.

Welcome to the Club, great choice for a car and engine tranny combo!

#3 ·
Pretty much what he said. It's obnoxious because your filter is now right next to the valve making the noise. lol

Seeing as you're boosting when you hit the gas from a stop, yes you'll make the noise every time; the valves job is to make sure you don't over-pressurize, releasing excess air.

That said, welcome to the club :D

#4 ·
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Yes it's normal for the cai and I love it!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.