Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,I just purchased a new Limited in Billet Silver.Will be picking it up next week.Did lots of research,originally was looking at a Verano Turbo.The Dart seemed like a better value,and at the tender age of 59,the touchscreen interface really sold me for its easier to use nature.
The owners seem more enthusiastic about this car also.I feel good about buying a local product made in nearby Belvidere,Illinois also.
My only other Chrysler product I have owned was a new '82 Plymouth Horizon TC3.I got nowhere to go but up from that car,but I feel confident that Chrysler with the Fiat alliance has come a long way since those days.
Looking forward to exploring the site and learn more about this vehicle.I have to go Search on when to do the first oil change.These new motors with the tighter tolerances and low viscosity oils with extended oil change intervals are new to me.Not sure I am buying it yet.TIA, horsey55

·
Registered
4,313 Posts

·
Banned
8,648 Posts
Welcome!

As far as oil changes go, my other car I bought new and is a heavily modded turbocharged VW that has 180,169 miles. Even after having worn out 28 tires (that's what happens when you come over after riding motorcycles 22 years :p ) it runs better than new. Mind you, this is doing 7,500-9,000 mile oil change intervals with top of the line synthetics. YMMV :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took delivery of the car today.Kudos to Bryden Motors in Beloit,Wisconsin. All phases of the transaction were top notch.Car was detailed especially well,it will be hard to keep it looking this good driving down a dirt road to go to work.
Initial reaction is the Limited is a great value.Lots of cool features at a reasonable price point.Thanks to those who replied to my initial post.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I suggest an initial oil change at 500 miles just to flush out the normal junk that comes from the break-in process, then just follow the normal ~7500 mile interval. Personally I do my changes every 5000 miles, but that's just me. Assuming you've got the 2.4L engine you'll need 0w-20 synthetic oil (you can buy jugs of Mobil and Valvoline for a good price at Walmart) and a quality oil filter (stay away from Fram at any cost). I've been buying OEM Mopar filters from the dealer just to be sure there's no worry about cheap ones blowing.

BTW don't forget you need to re-set the oil change interval indicator each time you change your oil.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suggest an initial oil change at 500 miles just to flush out the normal junk that comes from the break-in process, then just follow the normal ~7500 mile interval. Personally I do my changes every 5000 miles, but that's just me. Assuming you've got the 2.4L engine you'll need 0w-20 synthetic oil (you can buy jugs of Mobil and Valvoline for a good price at Walmart) and a quality oil filter (stay away from Fram at any cost). I've been buying OEM Mopar filters from the dealer just to be sure there's no worry about cheap ones blowing.

BTW don't forget you need to re-set the oil change interval indicator each time you change your oil.
+1 Good advice,pretty much along the lines I was thinking in the first place. Thanks........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts