Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is a 2.4L Auto with an Injen CAI. I did a muffler delete and replaced with a y-pipe and replaced my resonator with a Flowmaster HP2 muffler.

First video is before and after (Stock vs custom)

This video is the rest of the 'after' video. (Sounds kind of raspy when revving but in person it doesn't sound like that)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dude, how is this thread so underrated?! That's the best sounding Dart I've heard.

Do you have a build thread for this? I'm interested in seeing the finished product. Did you do this work yourself? Did you get the y-pipe online or did a shop make you a custom?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude, how is this thread so underrated?! That's the best sounding Dart I've heard.

Do you have a build thread for this? I'm interested in seeing the finished product. Did you do this work yourself? Did you get the y-pipe online or did a shop make you a custom?
Thank you! I don't have a build thread unfortunately but I could grab some pictures for you tonight if you'd like?

I had a local shop weld every thing together for me including the y-pipe for $150 OTD.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thank you! I don't have a build thread unfortunately but I could grab some pictures for you tonight if you'd like?

I had a local shop weld every thing together for me including the y-pipe for $150 OTD.
Damn, not a bad price. How much was the total?

I would love to see some pics - Thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Haha sorry I forgot about this. Here is a picture of the back where he did the pipe.

Awesome, thank you. Sorry to be a bother, but do you happen to have a picture of the Flowmaster installation? No worries if not - I'm trying to get the ball rolling and get this done next week.

Also, the custom y-pipe was 2.25", yeah?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome, thank you. Sorry to be a bother, but do you happen to have a picture of the Flowmaster installation? No worries if not - I'm trying to get the ball rolling and get this done next week.

Also, the custom y-pipe was 2.25", yeah?
No problem. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of that because I dropped the car off and had to go back to work while he did every thing on the car.

Correct, it is a 2.25".

·
Registered
411 Posts
Absolutely love the sound. Tempted to do this to mine now, sounds awesome.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yea it's a nice setup, I posted on this a couple months back, for a DD with great sound this is the setup!

Here is my vid I made. You can dig up my thread on here somewhere

·
Registered
411 Posts
@805moparkid funny because your videos kind of convinced me to do this by searching on YouTube lol.

So question guys, I think I've found the muffler for about $110 shipped on ebay. Is the muffler pipe size a different size than the Dart's stock size? Are adapters needed? How much did install run out the door, not including cost of the muffler?

·
Registered
601 Posts
@805moparkid funny because your videos kind of convinced me to do this by searching on YouTube lol. So question guys, I think I've found the muffler for about $110 shipped on ebay. Is the muffler pipe size a different size than the Dart's stock size? Are adapters needed? How much did install run out the door, not including cost of the muffler?
Stock pipe is 2.25, just gets the 2.25 muffler and it just slips on

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an appointment booked for my birthday to get this setup completed. Cannot wait. Muffler in place of the resonator to a custom "y" and to dual exit setup .. currently looking into some nice tips to complete the look and make it look not so stock

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.