Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, My daughter has a 2013 Dart with the 1.4 Turbo and DDCT. According to the dealer it needs the Hydraulic shift control module replaced, They want $3573 for this. I can get the part new from mopar for $1745. It is an external part, and does not look like a very tough job. According to alldata its supposed to be fairly easy.

Has anyone here done this swap?? Any info I need to know before I start?? Also does this use the trans fluid or hydraulic fluid??

Thanks
Mike

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
Yes, it should not be difficult to replace.
There are two different fluids for the DDCT. One for inside the trans and another for the hydraulic control. They have similar names and can easily be confused. 68092638AA is the correct hydraulic fluid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, it should not be difficult to replace.
There are two different fluids for the DDCT. One for inside the trans and another for the hydraulic control. They have similar names and can easily be confused. 68092638AA is the correct hydraulic fluid.

I'm in the same boat. $3500 two replace the Hydraulic Unit. Were you able to complete the job on your own? Any luck find anything online showing how to do it?
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the same scenario. Were you able to replace the control unit on your own? Were you able to find anything online showing how to replace it? Mine is leaking trans fluid causing issues with shifting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts