Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, My daughter has a 2013 Dart with the 1.4 Turbo and DDCT. According to the dealer it needs the Hydraulic shift control module replaced, They want $3573 for this. I can get the part new from mopar for $1745. It is an external part, and does not look like a very tough job. According to alldata its supposed to be fairly easy.

Has anyone here done this swap?? Any info I need to know before I start?? Also does this use the trans fluid or hydraulic fluid??

Thanks
Mike

·
Super Moderator
3,968 Posts
Yes, it should not be difficult to replace.
There are two different fluids for the DDCT. One for inside the trans and another for the hydraulic control. They have similar names and can easily be confused. 68092638AA is the correct hydraulic fluid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, it should not be difficult to replace.
There are two different fluids for the DDCT. One for inside the trans and another for the hydraulic control. They have similar names and can easily be confused. 68092638AA is the correct hydraulic fluid.

I'm in the same boat. $3500 two replace the Hydraulic Unit. Were you able to complete the job on your own? Any luck find anything online showing how to do it?
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in the same scenario. Were you able to replace the control unit on your own? Were you able to find anything online showing how to replace it? Mine is leaking trans fluid causing issues with shifting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New here, My daughter has a 2013 Dart with the 1.4 Turbo and DDCT. According to the dealer it needs the Hydraulic shift control module replaced, They want $3573 for this. I can get the part new from mopar for $1745. It is an external part, and does not look like a very tough job. According to alldata its supposed to be fairly easy.

Has anyone here done this swap?? Any info I need to know before I start?? Also does this use the trans fluid or hydraulic fluid??

Thanks
Mike
Hi Mike. I do hope you were able to fix your daughters dart. I am having the same exact issue. With the same car make and model and year. I am going to be replacing my tcm first, even though dealer told me it was fine and able to connect to the canbus. Only because the tcm controls what’s going on with the hydraulics on the car and I think mine was fried by someone who did terrible work on my car 6 months ago. It’s taken me this long to get the car to working order now but it won’t go in drive or reverse. We’re you able to replace the hydraulic shift control? My dealer is saying my hydraulic control unit is bad...I’m guessing this is what you are talking about as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in the same scenario. Were you able to replace the control unit on your own? Were you able to find anything online showing how to replace it? Mine is leaking trans fluid causing issues with shifting.
I did finally replace the whole unit....itsnot that hard. Had afriend depressurize the hydraulic. It was a pain in the ass, but not too bad. I bought a new unit for 1800 and the dealer wanted 3500 to do this, so i saved enough to make it worthwhile.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Mike. I do hope you were able to fix your daughters dart. I am having the same exact issue. With the same car make and model and year. I am going to be replacing my tcm first, even though dealer told me it was fine and able to connect to the canbus. Only because the tcm controls what’s going on with the hydraulics on the car and I think mine was fried by someone who did terrible work on my car 6 months ago. It’s taken me this long to get the car to working order now but it won’t go in drive or reverse. We’re you able to replace the hydraulic shift control? My dealer is saying my hydraulic control unit is bad...I’m guessing this is what you are talking about as well.
Yes, i replaced the whole hydraulic shift unit. I found it online for around 1800 shipped. I was slow and careful so it took some extra time but i was still dome in about 6 hours. Seems to be running fine now

·
Super Moderator
3,968 Posts
Yes, i replaced the whole hydraulic shift unit. I found it online for around 1800 shipped. I was slow and careful so it took some extra time but i was still dome in about 6 hours. Seems to be running fine now
Did you take any pics? If so, post them so others might realize it isn't impossible to fix a DDCT yourself.

·
Premium Member
6,327 Posts
Did you take any pics? If so, post them so others might realize it isn't impossible to fix a DDCT yourself.
The ancillary hydraulic and electrical stuff around the DDCT doesn't look too hard, although the parts are all very expensive, as is the transmission itself. Replacing the transmission itself looks like it would be mostly doable if you have the time (and a replacement transmission, which is sort of an issue if you're Canadian like me, and essentially only have access to brand new ones from FCA), but I'd probably not want to tackle it without being able to put the car on a lift.

I would recommend that anybody planning on working on the DDCT make the investment in AlfaOBD, though. There are several special software procedures that are required to service the DDCT and its hydraulic parts, like clutch relearning and depressurizing the hydraulic system, and AlfaOBD can do them at the touch of a button.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts