Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done this before, but never on my own car... little different now hah

I use meguiars stuff and very happy with them. My question is this..

For swirl marks, do I need to compound every time or can I just polish? Second, I have the DA wheel, but a friend of mine also bought one. His pad is much softer than the one that came with mine?

How do I stop swirl marks.. now the dealership hand washes cars, so odds are that is where the came from..

I use Gold class car wash, 2 buckets; 1 soapy, 1 just water, a wool mitt, and dry it off with microfibers..

As for wax, I use the Collinite fleet wax (amazing stuff) and on top of that between waxes I use Meguirs ultimate detail and wax.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Use a light cut swirl and haze remover with a DA polisher until swirls are gone, polish and then wax. If swirls come back you need to use the swirl and haze remover again.
You want to match your product to the pad, soft pads are usually for waxes. Adams polishes states "orange product orange pad, white product white pad, black product black pad" for their stuff.

Dealers dont use a 2 bucket method with grit guards, dont use two mitts, and sometimes use a dirty brush or mitt which causes the swirls. Check out the videos on adam's polishes website or junkman2000on youtube. Good stuff there.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use a light cut swirl and haze remover with a DA polisher until swirls are gone, polish and then wax. If swirls come back you need to use the swirl and haze remover again.
You want to match your product to the pad, soft pads are usually for waxes. Adams polishes states "orange product orange pad, white product white pad, black product black pad" for their stuff.

Dealers dont use a 2 bucket method with grit guards, dont use two mitts, and sometimes use a dirty brush or mitt which causes the swirls. Check out the videos on adam's polishes website or junkman2000on youtube. Good stuff there.
So don't use the compound, go for like the meguiars swirl x?

See my problem is with the pads... I have the little 3inch pad that comes with the compound, and a 6 inch blue chemical guys pad... Point me where I can get some 6 inch pads? I want to be cheap, but if you say buy the Adams Polishes lot I will.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spoke to a local detailer who actually did my car awhile back when it was covered in overspray. He recommended me meguiars #204 for local stuff.

He said if i wanted to wait a week, his chemical guy is coming Wednesday and that he'd give me a call and I could pick up some polish, wax, and pads from this guy. He said menzerna was the way to go.

Reactions: VaderGT
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.