Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm inquiring about a few things, and would like some input. My best friend drives a "13 Dart Rallye (The 1.4L Mulit-Air Turbo) with the DDCT. She called me earlier, stuck outside of our city on the incoming highway. She told me that her car was telling her that there was an issue with the e throttle, and wouldn't let her move the car under its power. She had called backup from one of our mechanic friends, who got the car to report back a transmission fault. She was quoted $3000 for a replacement, and she's asked me to look into finding a crashed, part-out. She's also toying with the idea of getting it 6-speed swapped, but I don't know how hard that would be, given that she'd need all the accessories to go with, to which I haven't got the first clue of in the first place. I'd imagine a ECM and some other extra parts as well. I'm wondering where the cheapest/easiest places to find the transmissions are, so if anyone could get back to me on that, it'd be fantastic.
Thanks for reading, if you've gotten this far.

·
Super Moderator
3,483 Posts
One would need a whole donor car to do the 6 speed manual swap and it would not be easy because the electronic modules are all married to each other. The DDCT is a problem because mechanics don't have a clue of how to repair it and instead will just want to replace the trans. Repair parts are available, the problem is finding someone who can repair it. Special tools are required that almost no one has. Can you find out the code numbers?
Even if you were to find a used trans from a wrecked Dart, the dual mass flywheel needs to be reset with a special tool anytime a DDCT trans is removed from the vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts