Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my wastegate harness and none of the local auto shops have it was hoping one of you guys has a retailer I could buy it from. I'm also wondering if this is the valve diverter and if the go fast bits dv+ is worth the money.

·
Super Moderator
3,492 Posts
What you have in your pic is the Surge Valve.

The wastegate solenoid looks like this:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you have in your pic is the Surge Valve.
View attachment 126268

The wastegate solenoid looks like this:
View attachment 126269
Every I've looked part wise they referred to it as the wastegate harness, I've tried finding just the solenoid for my dodge dart 2013 1.4l turbo model and havent had luck, does surge valve hold down the GFB diverter valve in between it. I'm currently working on resolving my own P0299 code and wanted to swap out these parts before tackling the turbo

·
Super Moderator
3,492 Posts
This is how FCA calls things. Lower left of the schematic:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not disagreeing with I'm just I've searched under those parameters and got nothing for it. I thought that was what they were called do you know of a site selling those two parts? An like I asked before does the GFB diverter valve go in between the surge valve? If so is it worth the buy?

·
Super Moderator
3,492 Posts
You may only be able to buy those from a dealer.
Surge valve 4892991AA
Wastegate solenoid 4627296AF
I don't have a turbo in either of my Darts so maybe someone who does will chime in about the GFB diverter valve.

·
Premium Member
6,211 Posts
I'm not disagreeing with I'm just I've searched under those parameters and got nothing for it. I thought that was what they were called do you know of a site selling those two parts? An like I asked before does the GFB diverter valve go in between the surge valve? If so is it worth the buy?
The GFB diverter valve replaces the diaphragm of the diverter valve but retains the solenoid. I don't have one, but most people who have replaced it have said that it improves the way the car handles boost. I intend on replacing the entire diverter valve with this on my car (I like the PSHHH sound of an atmospheric blow-off valve, there is a recirculating version as well). This unit separates the solenoid portion from the valve, and the installation requires some plumbing as a result, but from what I've read is the best diverter valve on the market for the 1.4T as far as not leaking any of your precious boost. As one comment I saw on it said, it's the kind of part where you can tell right away where the extra money you spent went.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The GFB diverter is worth it.
It replaces plastic valve parts with metal, and it retains boost pressure longer than the stock. You notice it with shifting (I drive manual transmission).
You do need to cannibalize a bit of the stock valve, and you will probably break some of the plastic surround while getting it, so there is usually no going back. But I picked up a new oem replacement diverter for $50 in case I want to return to stock.

No help with the harness, sorry...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The GFB diverter is worth it.
It replaces plastic valve parts with metal, and it retains boost pressure longer than the stock. You notice it with shifting (I drive manual transmission).
You do need to cannibalize a bit of the stock valve, and you will probably break some of the plastic surround while getting it, so there is usually no going back. But I picked up a new oem replacement diverter for $50 in case I want to return to stock.

No help with the harness, sorry...
Yeah my buddy gave her a phase two tune so shes different then the stock model and just making sure about options, cost, and also trying to clear out this P0299 CODE, cant wait to get her back up and goin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts