Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I need some help and advice please!
I have a 2014 Dodge Dart SXT 2.4 multi-air with 110,000 miles on it. For the last few months or so, I’ve had issues with the car sputtering and the engine light coming on and off. Back in May I had a tune up done and it felt like it fixed the problems. The car was running fine, no issues.. except I did notice that I didn’t have good pick up like I used to. So 2 weeks ago, my engine light came back on, my car shakes hard and I have to pull over and shut it off and restart it. The mechanic that I go to told me that I needed the coils replaced because my car was throwing a misfire code... well today I had all the coils replaced, went and picked up my car, drove a mile down the road and the check engine light pops up and the car starts shaking, pull over and restart it. Haven’t had a chance to talk to my mechanic yet but he did right down some codes that my car had on it before the codes were cleared. Can you guys give me any advice on how to fix these codes or if you had similar issues?

The codes that he wrote down were :
U110A (I think it’s U, his writing is kinda sloppy)
P1067
U1504

thanks 😊

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Your mechanic only knows how to change parts and has no clue. The coils have nothing to do with the codes. Perhaps a dealer visit is needed here. There are likely two problems here. The MultiAir and the steering module. Here is what the codes mean:

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM), 2.4L / Diagnosis and Testing

P1067-CYLINDER 2 OIL SUPPLY SOLENOID VALVE SWITCH ON TIME OUT OF RANGE

Theory of Operation

Multi-Air is an electronically controlled variable intake valve phase and lift system. Unlike conventional intake valve phase and lift system which controls all the cylinder intake valves simultaneously and in the same proportion; Multi-Air, through the use of an electronically controlled “ hydraulic link” between the camshaft and intake valve, allowing for each intake valve to be controlled independently. The valve lift and timing can be adjusted infinitely.

The Multi-Air valve train has a mechanical camshaft lobe acting on a hydraulic pump located between the camshaft intake lobe and the intake valve. The pump provides oil under pressure to a two-way electro-hydraulic solenoid valve called the Variable Valve Actuator (VVA) Solenoid. The VVA Solenoid is electronically controlled during the specific intake cam lobe event by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). During the event the VVA Solenoid is commanded to either hold oil pressure or bleed oil. The Variable Valve Actuator (VVA) Solenoid is a normally open solenoid. The PCM provides 12 volts to close the solenoid. The position of the VVA Solenoid determines the intake valve timing and lift. This change on valve action is similar to creating a change in the camshaft lobe profile affecting lift and duration of the valve opening.

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs when the following condition is met:

•With the engine running.

Set Conditions:

•The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) measures the time needed to turn on the VVA Solenoid. When the PCM recognizes that the VVA Solenoids switch on time is too fast or too slow a fault is set.

Default Actions:

•The MIL light will illuminate.

Possible Causes

ENGINE OIL LEVEL LOW
ENGINE OIL AERATED OR CONTAMINATED
INCORRECT ENGINE OIL FILTER
INSUFFICIENT OIL PRESSURE DUE TO A MECHANICAL FAILURE IN THE OILING SYSTEM
VVA ACTUATOR ASSEMBLY

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM), 2.4L / Diagnosis and Testing

U110A-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH SCM - CAN-C

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:

•With the ignition on.
•Battery voltage between 10.0 and 16.0 volts.
•Body Control Module (BCM) is configured correctly.

Set Conditions:

•The module has not received a Steering Control Module (SCM) Bus message for approximately two to five seconds.

Default Actions:

•The MIL light will illuminate.

Possible Causes

CAN BUS CIRCUITS OPEN OR SHORTED
DTCS RELATED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE, IGNITION, OR VIN MESSAGES
STEERING COLUMN MODULE (SCM)
BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY
BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM)
MODULE THAT SET THIS DTC

U1504-IMPLAUSIBLE MESSAGE DATA LENGTH RECEIVED FROM STEERING ANGLE SENSOR

•When Monitored:
Continuously while the system is active.

•Set Condition:
An error length message has been received over the CAN C bus from the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS). One trip fault.

Possible Causes

CAN BUS OPEN OR SHORTED CONDITION
STEERING ANGLE SENSOR (SAS) / STEERING CONTROL MODULE (SCM)
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts