Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family member has a 2013 Dodge dart limited edition 1.4 turbo only 500 built. He took to dealer they installed filter with no gasket and drove it with no oil now he needs a new engine. They want 4500 for used engine he still owes 4500 is it worth him doing. Is this vehicle worth the money for resale

·
Administrator
5,848 Posts
Do you mean a Mopar13? Only 500 of those were built. Not sure about production numbers for the Limited. If it is a Mopar13, it may be worth fixing. That said, it shouldn't cost that much to install a used engine.
If it is a Limited with a DDCT, not worth the trouble.
If it really was the dealer's fault, forgetting the filter gasket, they should be giving you a new engine.

Reactions: Dannetg3

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I agree but dealer is being very difficult. It is the 13 he has all paperwork on it but I'm trying to guide him on a smart financial decision. I can't find one for sale to advise him .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone have a line on an engine that is affordable? We are getting quotes like 45 for the engine and install. That's an engine with 100000 miles on it.
Considering the shipping cost on an engine no one can help with this without knowing your location.

On the story you related the dealer owes for the engine which would make help finding an engine irrelevant.

Considering how multi air works, is it possible to drive an engine with "no oil"?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just had my engine rebuilt from ground up and had a junk yard head refurbished new everything rebuilt @111000
Engines for darts are on backorder as are most parts at least 3 months.
But Europe has parts and engines available for immediate shipping but of course the ports and intl customs will be shotty.
Hope it all works out ideally whichever route you advise the member of fam to take...

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Dart, 1.4 turbo, DDCT trans
4 Posts
My family member has a 2013 Dodge dart limited edition 1.4 turbo only 500 built. He took to dealer they installed filter with no gasket and drove it with no oil now he needs a new engine. They want 4500 for used engine he still owes 4500 is it worth him doing. Is this vehicle worth the money for resale
Why should you have to pay for a dealer mistake? Any good LOF service should be done with a new o ring for the filter - it's in the box - shortcuts should cost them, not you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for input everyone. The shop we towed the car to took pictures and documents of everything . They said it was definitely the fault of the filter being installed without the ring . The nephew brought evidence to dodge dealer in Pensacola FL. They say they won't do anything that it's not possible for the car to have driven without a ring on filter for even ten miles.they sent evidence to the board . They won't help and my guy has no time or money for the whole lawsuit thing. My guy is getting a used engine installed for 4500 that's what it cost we have looked all over. The 1.4 with his vin number . Oh well lesson learned. Thanks again and remember stay away from the dealership...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts