Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
The only place you might be able to order a new 1.4L FIRE engine from would be an FCA dealership, and even then I'm not 100% sure. They're definitely going to charge you more than you want to pay, and you may have to wait through a geological era for it to be built and ship from Italy, but it might be possible. A better choice would be to find a wrecked car with the 1.4L FIRE engine and pull it (every Fiat 500 uses this engine, though most aren't turbocharged). They should all be the same mechanically.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why can't I find this engine, new?!!!
You sure you need engine? I thought the same cause I had cylinder misfire. It and up being love on camshaft cracked and slipped on shaft. With everything water pump, new belt and tensioner cost totals 1400. Pressurized cylinders will provide info.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Long block or complete engines are no longer available through Chrysler. You'd have to order a new short block and head. Head is $300 list and short block is $1575 list. So no that bad really compared to other engines I've had to order in the past. Just figured I be a few days behind on this post and give you an idea on prices.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a used engine from lkq and it was $306 +$210 for shipping and I think the motor has a rod knock and the ecu is in limp mode and not getting a cam sensor reading and I replaced it and cleared codes and plugged a computer in and did a cam crank relearn and it's still in limp mode

·
Registered
58 Posts
Long block or complete engines are no longer available through Chrysler. You'd have to order a new short block and head. Head is $300 list and short block is $1575 list. So no that bad really compared to other engines I've had to order in the past. Just figured I be a few days behind on this post and give you an idea on prices.
Compared to some of the used engines I've priced, that's dirt cheap.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts