Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got today my new GT 2014,feels like new,no rust ,@ 66k km's

Thing is now i need to get used to manual transmission lmao ..but hey i only stalled 2 times driving for 3 hours straight

It comes with a "Mod" that increase the sound of engine (forgot it's name.....intake..p-flow i think?)

Never saw winter,came with lifetime road assist. (picture is from seller)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also...if anyone got some time to spare..i would like to know stuff like..whats the best oil for it (2.4l) etc any tips will be gratefully taken :D

·
Registered
809 Posts
There is no "best oil." Get whatever is in compliance with what they say the engine needs to take since they did all the engineering work for it

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T
17 Posts
Clean Dart you got there. I’ve always loved the mopar diffusers and especially those side skirts. Can’t go wrong sticking with factory spec oils. We need a video of this engine mod in action with some big revs 😎

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well yeah guy is a dodge fan,he added nice features when he bought it for sure..only downside is no NAV..But anyway it would have not been Google Maps so lol (aka will use phone)

Things im looking to do:

Window tints
find a way for black mags (plasticdip??)
TAG or anti-theft
maybe change shifter knob
seats and steering wheel cover

And damn the GT insurance where i am is expensive...lucky me i found a very "good deal"..for now lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Grats! I got a '14 GT in Header Orange myself a little over a week ago. Need to look at exhaust options on mine, as the previous owner apparently liked it LOUD and the exhaust sounds like garbage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice,i saw some orange one's..but its just too flashy for me lol

·
Registered
2015 SXT Vitaman C
89 Posts
Nice,i saw some orange one's..but its just too flashy for me lol

WHAT!!!!!! Im looking for another 2015 PLC Dart.

Every performance car I own from 70 up is a form of orange.... can we call the dart a performance car? Meh... we can try.

But I dont DD them, although this is my new parts runner.

I do wish I could find one as clean as yours, I bet you paid a premium for yours with the miles, shape and the times were in.

Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
About 10,500 $ CAD, insurance is 60/months. (Not "extra" covered for now)

·
Registered
2015 SXT Vitaman C
89 Posts
Thats dam good compared to what some US prices are currently. The few that have really gotten my attention have been 17-18k US and thats way high imo....although if it were a PLC Orange and a manual id have it.

Im tempted to look more into this one.

I think the 2016 paint code for go mango is the same as my 2015 Vit C. Im afraid to look really as if it is, im a buyer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2016,nice also..that hood..i want it so bad for mine but it's SO expensive yeah price is too high tho lol

One key, scratches,paint chips...imo not a good deal. I have 2 keys lol.

·
Registered
2015 SXT Vitaman C
89 Posts
That's why I'm patient and wait and watch.

I was going to pop for a new sport hood I know of and the under hood kit and the air box but even with me doing the painting I was looking at $2500 approx.

And honestly I question the efficiency of the mopar hood.

Helmet Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

And they are leaving the oem sized lower inlet open and so its not only pulling from the oem inlet, how much is this really functioning.

Jeans Trousers Outerwear Arm Sleeve

So I opted to do my own and run it from the fog light inlet directly into a modified inlet like the green arrow shows.

Here was mock up prior to painting the new bumper cover.

Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car
Musical instrument Automotive tire Rim Gas Tire

It was easy to attach the inlet to the cover. I should of took more pics.

Helmet Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

So tonight I ordered a dual glow flo.? Intake air temp meter so we can get some real temp readings, A short drive for me is 35 miles to the nearest small town of 3500.

So to sum it up id really like to see some real world numbers and info on the sport hoods real benefit , although it is a bad mofo in looks.

·
Registered
2015 SXT Vitaman C
89 Posts
Ya goona post more pics of your car.... im curious about car that see a lil snow and such to decide if I want to expand my search area.

Yours looks like good proof that any can be well taken care of in any environment it seems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Uh..BTW is the Dart transmission noisy ? (Manual of course) I keep hearing noises and it makes me worried lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Changing gears kind of a "light clunk",but i did some research here and it seems that manual cars make that noise and is more noticeable on the Dart. Lol

No whining. Which is good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts