Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
cant believe we all forgot about the RRM pulley. i have it on my 1.4T and it was awesome with my rallye 17's, but the pulley is EVEN BETTER with my 16 inch steelies. just an awesome mod.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have the pulley but wasn't sure if it should be included as an accessory mod for the turbo, I'll add to the main list just because though :)

I've also got an HPSI intake but I'm pretty sure it wont be compatible with the turbo setup so I'll most likely have to sell it. Also my Sport hood is functional ;)

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I have the pulley but wasn't sure if it should be included as an accessory mod for the turbo, I'll add to the main list just because though :)

I've also got an HPSI intake but I'm pretty sure it wont be compatible with the turbo setup so I'll most likely have to sell it. Also my Sport hood is functional ;)
I picked up a used EC intake as well, I love it!! Did you purchase in ram air kit from MOPAR for the hood?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I picked up a used EC intake as well, I love it!! Did you purchase in ram air kit from MOPAR for the hood?
Yup sure did, hopefully someone comes out with the rear vent if mopar doesn't to aid in the heat ventilation. I don't want to cut it out myself as I'd just ruin it lol

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Yup sure did, hopefully someone comes out with the rear vent if mopar doesn't to aid in the heat ventilation. I don't want to cut it out myself as I'd just ruin it lol
It's sooooo expensive though..... I might buy it after xmas recovery.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Subbing to this! I'm also looking to turbo my dart in the future when my warranty goes out and this would definitely help me! I have the 2.4 Auto though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Zuiquan1, what exactly do you have on your front bumper/lip? I saw a picture of your car, and it looks incredible. It says you have the mopar ground effects kit but it looks like your lip is different than what I can find online. Can you link it on here?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Subbing to this! I'm also looking to turbo my dart in the future when my warranty goes out and this would definitely help me! I have the 2.4 Auto though.
I have the Tork setup on my car, and I do have the powertech automatic. It seems to be holding up alright so far, but I have hit torque limits a few times, particularly shifting from 3rd to fourth. I managed a 7 second 0-60 a couple of weeks ago at 7lbs. This past weekend we bumped it to 9lbs, after having to replace the throttle body, but as it turned out, it wasn't related. My car is two years old, and the motor just wasn't able to open the throttle anymore due to some rough spots. The water to air cooling system is fantastic. The boost is near instant. I'm unsure what power level I'm at right now, but I was at 220WHP/215WTQ at 7lbs. (just a note) *I feel the water to air is much better suited for daily driving. The water always stays cool and flowing even in stop and go traffic. I haven't had any heat problems whatsoever.* I'll keep you guys up to date. Next weekend I'll be going in for final tuning.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I could be wrong but i do believe he had an exhaust on there. Not sure which. But isn't stock exhaust same Diameter as Heart throb? Isn't it 2.5 at the cat and then tappers to 2.25 down the line and out the tail pipe? Because that is what the heart throb is. @youngsmith53 is this correct?

Anyways a free flowing exhaust will be good for a turbo build :)
I'm not having any issues with the stock diameter exhaust I have. I do have to say though that it does have a catless downpipe, and the wastegate has a dump tube and doesn't recirculate.

·
Super Moderator
4,419 Posts
I'm not having any issues with the stock diameter exhaust I have. I do have to say though that it does have a catless downpipe, and the wastegate has a dump tube and doesn't recirculate.
Now that you are turboed you should go with like a 3in full exhaust. I bet that turbo really wants to exhale pushing all that powa! Probably not needed, but we do know that one of the best exhausts on a turbo is no exhaust :p

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Zuiquan1, what exactly do you have on your front bumper/lip? I saw a picture of your car, and it looks incredible. It says you have the mopar ground effects kit but it looks like your lip is different than what I can find online. Can you link it on here?
It's just the Mopar kit, I do have it painted gloss black though maybe that's why it looks different?

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts

Race dump.

·
Registered
123 Posts
@Gaia, did you ever install the clutchmasters lightweight aluminum pulley? If so, do you have any pics, recommendations, etc? I have that on my wish list. But, I haven't seen any other build threads where folks have installed and ran it.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
For the record since I havent updated this post in a while, I purchased the clutchmasters flywheel but am waiting for the new clutch so I can install everything at once.

Also ill be doing some contracting work at the end of the year overseas so who knows when this project will be completed.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
@Gaia, did you ever install the clutchmasters lightweight aluminum pulley? If so, do you have any pics, recommendations, etc? I have that on my wish list. But, I haven't seen any other build threads where folks have installed and ran it.
Clutch masters have a light weight pulley?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
15 Participants
pkgmsu2000
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing