Dodge Dart Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Had a chance to take the Rallye to the track tonite. Only mod is an Injen 2.0 intake. Best ET was 16.42 best 60ft was 2.32 and MPH was 85. After a couple runs I did lower front pressure to about 28 PSI and 5 out of ten runs were in the 16.40. So wanted to match your 16.20..lol :) Wish that tune would come out soon..lol :yawn:
Great time for the 2.4 crowd!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'd like to take my 1.4 DDCT out to the track to see where about I am time wise. Injen CAI, DV+, and soon Pedal Box go pedal with plans to get the light weight pulley, hot/cold pipes, and piggy back program. Those are things I'll do next summer. Then hit the track again plus get on a dyno next July.

·
Registered
519 Posts
@13SXT probably holds the record on here. He did a low 15 over a year ago.
13SXT did a 15.9xx in stock trim at the same track that I used and I recall it being a few ticks quicker than me but I think my 60ft was a few ticks better. I hope he breaks into the 14's this season, he was so close with that 15.00x!

·
Registered
742 Posts
My best ET is 15.974 and best 60ft is 2.27

I have yet to see a stock OR modded Dart put down a better 60ft time.
I hate to steal your Thunder, but I'm pretty sure my Wife beat you her first time out ;) IMS she cut a 2.223, and that was with me sitting in the pass seat!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I hate to steal your Thunder, but I'm pretty sure my Wife beat you her first time out ;) IMS she cut a 2.223, and that was with me sitting in the pass seat!
Timeslip to back up such a claim?

I know you crazy Canadians run on the metric system up there, so there's probably some conversion needed. :crazy:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Timeslip to back up such a claim?

I know you crazy Canadians run on the metric system up there, so there's probably some conversion needed. :crazy:
LMAO! Yeah that Damn conversion, you Never know when it's going to Factor in...........

Pretty sure it was posted on here somewhere. If I can't find it easy I will scan timeslip again :)

I could have swore her timeslip and video was posted somewhere around here, but I looked and gave up lol

So just scanned it again........

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
LMAO! Yeah that Damn conversion, you Never know when it's going to Factor in...........

Pretty sure it was posted on here somewhere. If I can't find it easy I will scan timeslip again :)

I could have swore her timeslip and video was posted somewhere around here, but I looked and gave up lol

So just scanned it again........

I guess I should change my title to "best 60ft time, with a penis"

I find it very odd that the 60ft time was so low yet the et was only 16.6 at 82. It's a pretty good et given a trap speed of only 82. Was it high elevation? Did she miss a shift? Should have been in the 15s easy with such a good holeshot.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I guess I should change my title to "best 60ft time, with a penis"

I find it very odd that the 60ft time was so low yet the et was only 16.6 at 82. It's a pretty good et given a trap speed of only 82. Was it high elevation? Did she miss a shift? Should have been in the 15s easy with such a good holeshot.
Agreed, but lets not forget, this was her first time ever on the drag strip And, she just started learning to put a car through the gears like 4 weeks earlier!

Her biggest issue was the 1-2 shift. Shifting that early at high rpm was messing with her and she would take the Longest to get off the clutch on that shift. If Any shift will kill you in a heavy FWD it's the 1-2, and you will see it in the 330' time.

Great 60' means Zero if you blow it to the 330'. A FWD will pretty well Always have it's best run coming off its best 330' time..........

Track was busy with lots of delays from people breaking. Too bad, cause with a little more time and a few more runs I'm pretty sure she would have gone 15's for sure! (she had already clipped a few 15's on the GTECH)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Reactions: Darth_Strife

·
Registered
519 Posts
Agreed, but lets not forget, this was her first time ever on the drag strip And, she just started learning to put a car through the gears like 4 weeks earlier!

Her biggest issue was the 1-2 shift. Shifting that early at high rpm was messing with her and she would take the Longest to get off the clutch on that shift. If Any shift will kill you in a heavy FWD it's the 1-2, and you will see it in the 330' time.

Great 60' means Zero if you blow it to the 330'. A FWD will pretty well Always have it's best run coming off its best 330' time..........

Track was busy with lots of delays from people breaking. Too bad, cause with a little more time and a few more runs I'm pretty sure she would have gone 15's for sure! (she had already clipped a few 15's on the GTECH)

Very interesting information about the 330ft times. Comparing my slip to your wife's that makes a lot of sense, my 330ft times are .3 ahead of hers and I aced the 1-2 shift both times(low et and low 60ft runs.) The 1-2 is very tricky in the Darts for 2 reasons: 1. Being timing which you mentioned, you burn through first gear so fast and 2. it's short of clunky by nature, so what you said totally makes sense.

Quoted for truth ;);)

28k on the awful stock Kumhos......I might as well have been running slicks lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very interesting information about the 330ft times. Comparing my slip to your wife's that makes a lot of sense, my 330ft times are .3 ahead of hers and I aced the 1-2 shift both times(low et and low 60ft runs.) The 1-2 is very tricky in the Darts for 2 reasons: 1. Being timing which you mentioned, you burn through first gear so fast and 2. it's short of clunky by nature, so what you said totally makes sense.

28k on the awful stock Kumhos......I might as well have been running slicks lol

If you think the stock Dart shifter is a problem you should try a 5spd Turbo Caravan shifter.Try to shift one of those fast,takes a bit of skill.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.