Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has owned this car since new. 2013 Dodge Dart Limited, 1.4 Turbo, automatic. First problem is that the car sometimes hesitates under acceleration. I'll push the gas, but it just delays and won't accelerate for a few seconds. It has also "bucked" while accelerating, giving it this jerky feeling at times.

Next problem is that the blind spot monitoring stopped working. I had to disable it to get the lights to go off on the mirrors.

Next problem is the key fobs will not remote start unless you're super close. I replaced batteries in both remotes, still having problems. It also does not detect when trying to unlock/lock car by grabbing/pushing button on handle with keys in pocket.

Finally, replaced the headlight bulbs, but one highbeam still won't work, while the other does.

If anybody has any recommended fixes for any of this before I go to the dealership, I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
3,390 Posts
First problem, does it have any codes? It could be a misfire. You may need to replace the coils.

Blind spot monitoring has sensors in the rear bumper. There will be codes.

Your RFHM probaly needs to be replaced. Best done by a dealer.

Do you have HID headlights or standard halogen bulbs? If HID, the ballast is likely gone.

If you want to do more diagnosing yourself, best to invest in the OBDLinkMX bluetooth scanner and the alfaOBD android app. It will pay for itself after diagnosing and fixing one problem.

Reactions: SmokyOwl

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'll second possible coil issues, already replaced two on my '13 1.4 dart
As for the headlight did you check the condition of socket? I had to replace one already.
And on the acceleration issue I have had that problem frequently. It seems to come and go, never consistant. I am starting to wonder if this is a common issue with these 1.4 automatics...

·
Registered
24 Posts
And on the acceleration issue I have had that problem frequently. It seems to come and go, never consistant. I am starting to wonder if this is a common issue with these 1.4 automatics...
I also have the slaggy inconsistent acceleration I've found it more so in higher temps outside maybe it's just coincidence or is this a possible reason? Temps of 25C+ but still not a consistent problem

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts