Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering who knows the diameter of the Modern Performance Intercooler pipes... Ive been searching for a while and I cannot find a definite answer for them!

I know on their website they say:

"Note: When we were developing this piping we spent a long time testing out different diameter piping, different angles, and transitions from smaller to larger piping to find the best combination that made the most power.

We tested 2.25 inch piping, we tested 2.5 inch piping and we even tested 2.75 inch piping. What we found, was that when we used too large of a diameter of piping the low end and mid range power really fell off. Boost also took longer to build up as well. That is EXACTLY what the Dart 1.4 Turbo does NOT need."

Im assuming that means they went with 2.25" piping??? I know that the DRP pipes are 2.5" and the MPx ones are smaller...

Anyone know or have a picture with a measurement?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Im assuming that means they went with 2.25" piping??? I know that the DRP pipes are 2.5" and the MPx ones are smaller...

Anyone know or have a picture with a measurement?
I bought their pipes back in 2012. The quality was trash though. There was loose slag at the welds inside the ducts. Plus I was unable to use the cold side pipe with my DDCT. The pipe practically rested on the servicing cap of the transmission shifting mechanism reservoir. And, back in the day many customers had problems with the ducts slipping off due to the oil saturation problems that the 1.4 has. Oil puddled in the hot side pipe at the joint with the coupling. After my review on the early version, they started selling them for the manual only. But, some DDCT guys still installed them.
From the photo, you can see that the diameter is the same as the OEM plastic duct.
100_1971.JPG

Edit: Was just on their website, a customer asked the diameter question. The pipes are 2.25" and at the taper for the hose connections it is 2.00".

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought their pipes back in 2012. The quality was trash though. There was loose slag at the welds inside the ducts. Plus I was unable to use the cold side pipe with my DDCT. The pipe practically rested on the servicing cap of the transmission shifting mechanism reservoir. And, back in the day many customers had problems with the ducts slipping off due to the oil saturation problems that the 1.4 has. Oil puddled in the hot side pipe at the joint with the coupling. After my review on the early version, they started selling them for the manual only. But, some DDCT guys still installed them.
From the photo, you can see that the diameter is the same as the OEM plastic duct.
View attachment 82161

Edit: Was just on their website, a customer asked the diameter question. The pipes are 2.25" and at the taper for the hose connections it is 2.00".
Im sorry you had such an issue with the piping :( they must have had enough complaints to make them change their design a bit... The only problem that I had with them was that they sent the wrong sized hose clamps with the pipes... Which in total... not a big deal, I was still able to make use of them elsewhere... But I think the oil pooling problem was figured to be the terrible excuse of a "separator" that dodge used for this car. Ever since I installed my catch can i havent had any issues with oil getting into the intake or turbo turbine!

But crap... i just received my new couplers for the intercooler swap im doing and they are 2.5" to 2.25" ones... I wonder how im going to make these work???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts