Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Question regarding the MPx Front Strut Bar install for the 2.4L. Specifically regarding anyone who has had their strut caps replaced by the dealer at any point. Having a mental lapse, I did not consider that the newer caps cover one of the holes MPx requires to install the mount. Has anyone come across this and conceived a good work-around? Below is a picture showing the bolt-hole that is still clear, but the other hole is used as part of the new cap. May need to just delete this entire piece and perhaps come up with a gasket for under the new mount.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Perhaps I will need to be the test subject here (I also know some believe the front strut is not worth it, but that is another discussion and not a knock on people who hold that opinion). I will remove the assembly to see what that bottom plastic piece is doing to keep the strut mount from rusting. Perhaps some RTV sealant on the underside of the bar mount. I do think I need to better understand what the stepped piece up to the collar is providing in terms of protection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts