Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a Modern Performance bored throttle body on a 14 GT. Easy install and resulted in no codes. Improved throttle response, torque and it pulls hard to right to 6000. Even with a CAI, MP headers and high flow cat, it use to run out of breath after 5000. Well worth the reduced price of $230.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I’ve had mine installed since March. It’s been problem free and really helps wake the car up

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Pair this pulley with the @DeyemeRacing rear mount and you are golden!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Question:

As I have never cleaned or messed with a Throttle Body that was not cable driven; with the Throttle Body off of the vehicle, can I push the plate open in order to clean everywhere, or will this cause an issue with the internal that electronically operate the plate?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Question:

As I have never cleaned or messed with a Throttle Body that was not cable driven; with the Throttle Body off of the vehicle, can I push the plate open in order to clean everywhere, or will this cause an issue with the internal that electronically operate the plate?
You do not want to move the throttle plate while the electrical connector is in place and the battery is connected. If you remove the throttle body, it should not matter.
When you re-install, torque the 4 bolts in a criss cross pattern to 71 inch pounds. Tighten the bracket nut to 71 inch pounds and the bracket bolt to 18 foot pounds. There is a ETC relearn that should be done.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
You do not want to move the throttle plate while the electrical connector is in place and the battery is connected. If you remove the throttle body, it should not matter.
When you re-install, torque the 4 bolts in a criss cross pattern to 71 inch pounds. Tighten the bracket nut to 71 inch pounds and the bracket bolt to 18 foot pounds. There is a ETC relearn that should be done.
Thanks. What needs to be done for the "ETC relearn"? is there one specific to the Dart (2.4L)?

Would this process work?:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I bought a used MPX porter throttle body and it was filthy. I messaged a FCA tech and he advised me to remove the throttle body from the car. Use any throttle body/carb cleaner. Spray it into a rag and wipe it clean. Do not spray it directly onto the TB as I was told it can cause issues with the electronics. I cleaned mine prior to installing it and it’s been almost a year and 20k KMs without issue.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I bought a used MPX porter throttle body and it was filthy. I messaged a FCA tech and he advised me to remove the throttle body from the car. Use any throttle body/carb cleaner. Spray it into a rag and wipe it clean. Do not spray it directly onto the TB as I was told it can cause issues with the electronics. I cleaned mine prior to installing it and it’s been almost a year and 20k KMs without issue.
Thanks. Did you use an "ETC Relearn" procedure on re-install prior to actual startup?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Thanks. What needs to be done for the "ETC relearn"? is there one specific to the Dart (2.4L)?

Would this process work?:
You could try the procedure in the video. The fsm refers to using a scanner to do the ETC relearn. The alfaOBD app should have that ability, it seems to do everything else a dealer scanner does.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
You could try the procedure in the video. The fsm refers to using a scanner to do the ETC relearn. The alfaOBD app should have that ability, it seems to do everything else a dealer scanner does.
Okay, understood. Unfortunately, purchasing a scanner is not in the cards right now. I am going to install the the OB TB and use the ELC Relearn in this vid (and also in others). Hoping this works.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Finished the install earlier today. No issues except for the bracket holding down the TB on one of the bolts (just a pain to get to and remove the bolt holding this). Everything was cleaned and reassembled with the new (actually bought a Used MPx OB TB; it looked brand new) OB TB. Also changes the gasket just because I like to do that whenever I change parts. Might as well spend the short money to do so when everything is apart. Decided to try the ETC Relearn that is posted on the Internet in a few places (nothing Dart specific though). No idea if it did anything. Threw the u1504 code on restart. Car ran great. Took on side roads and the highway (go up to 95 mph). I will post after a week or so what my further feelings are after a little more driving.

IMG_20180317_111929-01-01.jpeg
New (Used) MPx Over-Bored Throttle Body

IMG_20180317_141116-01.jpeg
Old Throttle Body. Beginning to get dirty at 30k miles

IMG_20180317_141045-01.jpeg
Side by Side

IMG_20180317_143239-01.jpeg
Over-Bored Throttle Body installed (partially)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have read some on the AlfaODB and honestly it is over my head. What would need to be purchased and what would need to be done? Would this help with my CAI, and any other bolt-ons, as well?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
The alfaOBD app with the OBDLinkMX lets you access all the electronic devices for codes as well as letting you do your own PROXI. There may be other things like the ETC relearn, but I have not had the opportunity to try everything. I have disabled the TPMS using the app so I can use winter tires/rims without sensors. If you have questions, the developer, Alexey, does answer emails. You need an android device like a phone or tablet, the alfaOBD app, and the bluetooth version of the OBDLinkMX. There is a PC version for windows but I have no experience with that. Used older model android phones can be found for $20 or less and do not need to be connected with a phone contract.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The alfaOBD app with the OBDLinkMX lets you access all the electronic devices for codes as well as letting you do your own PROXI. There may be other things like the ETC relearn, but I have not had the opportunity to try everything. I have disabled the TPMS using the app so I can use winter tires/rims without sensors. If you have questions, the developer, Alexey, does answer emails. You need an android device like a phone or tablet, the alfaOBD app, and the bluetooth version of the OBDLinkMX. There is a PC version for windows but I have no experience with that. Used older model android phones can be found for $20 or less and do not need to be connected with a phone contract.
Thanks. I am going to find an offical "AlfaOBD" thread so I can ask further questions.

·
Registered
99 Posts
A few days in and I can say that this mod is the single biggest increase I've had compared to any other ones I have installed. Easily recommended and easy install. Better throttle response and pulls better in the mid to top range in every gear. I don't see a point in buying the "brand new" one as I bought the "used" one and it's the exact same thing anyway.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
A few days in and I can say that this mod is the single biggest increase I've had compared to any other ones I have installed. Easily recommended and easy install. Better throttle response and pulls better in the mid to top range in every gear. I don't see a point in buying the "brand new" one as I bought the "used" one and it's the exact same thing anyway.
I am enjoying the this mod as well. As Wes Tank stated, easy to do and you can get the used TB for less. You can also send back your OEM TB for a $60.00 credit (you will need to pay for shipping). Not bad though. My "used" TB looked brand new.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
6 Participants
Mass_Paul
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing