Blacked the oem rims
debadged deck lid
blacked out the fog lights
custom intake
carbon fibered the shifter bezel

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
What did you use on your wheels and calipers? I have some stuff ordered wondering what other people were using.

Looks good! What's next? ;)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Do you actually use the roof rack? I don't think that counts as a mod either.
+1 actually I think it subtracts from other Mods made! :p

But please expand on your Air Intake.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Um The roof racks I use regularly for 2 kayaks... Had them on my WRX. The calipers are done with the $20 Duplicor caliper paint kit. Not the spray can kind. I hand brushed them with multiple coats. Rims are done in Plastidip as well as the crosshairs. The air intake isn't complicated and I don't remember the exact pieces, but all the hardware used to attach it to the stock intake tube were bought from Lowes. The intake is the real small Spectre filter from Autozone. Cost of the intake was about $35 for everything and it sounds super loud. The pieces consist of black rubber reducers and pvc reducer and pipe fitted inside. It's all just figuring out measurements and finding the right pieces to match up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My next move is window tint. It is getting done on the 19th of this month. I plan on doing a white lighted acrylic rod (similar to the dash light around the black dash panel) along the black piece inside the headlight at some point along with lightly tinting the clear plastic piece in front of the parking lights that says dodge on it. So if someone knows how or wants to try taking their headlights out, please post a how to for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah window tint always does make a car look better. I am getting 35% which is our limit here, but I want 20%. I just don't want the headache of being pulled over all the time for it.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Apparently I'm having issues seeing pics.. I only see the 2nd one (side-view).

As far as tinting the small windows, yes they do those too. I have it done on my Passat.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Um The roof racks I use regularly for 2 kayaks... Had them on my WRX.
Glade that you actually use them. However, since they don't add curb appeal or power, it does not count as a mod in my book. I've always felt that, while they serve a practical purpose of carrying things, a roof rack does not count as a mod.:sorry:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice! I m planning on using plastidip on my wheels as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
When you plastidipped the grille, did you take it out or did you wing it?

·
Registered
962 Posts
1 - 20 of 85 Posts