Dodge Dart Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's actually through autonet itself. Mconnect is essentially autonet. This will be available on dart first. I have already seen this first hand. Chrysler is basically waiting for the release of their R/T Trim before they bring out the big guns like mopar connect.
Happy to hear that, fingers crossed that it will be available up north too.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
I don't see why our neighbors to the north wouldn't be able to use mconnect. Should be available to every dart owner hopefully.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
I don't see why our neighbors to the north wouldn't be able to use mconnect. Should be available to every dart owner hopefully.
We don't get weather and stuff IIRC on our mygigs/uconnect

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
BUMP

What is going on with this and why isn't it out yet?!?!
Ask Chrysler.

Although I'm pretty sure it needs the next generation uconnect radios to work

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
And the Dart doesn't have the next generation? That doesn't make sense. How can we get the next generation?
Nope it has the first generation.

The Dart will get it, when Chrysler decides to put it in.

I'm wondering if the Dart was meant to get ver.2 but it wasn't ready in time and they had to use ver.1

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is it something that's updatable when it is ready or would we need a new install? This is disappointing to hear. My car is being built now and I want it to be up to date with connect technology.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Is it something that's updatable when it is ready or would we need a new install? This is disappointing to hear. My car is being built now and I want it to be up to date with connect technology.
Different radio hardware unfortunately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mopar connect is a mobile app that once registered enables you to unlock/lock doors. Remote start your vehicle from not just 200 feet away but from anywhere! (as long as both the vehicle and phone are connected to a source of wifi) This app even reads your vehicles health! This thing reads error codes from your darts computer! It is an amazing feature to have for any dart owner! Check it Out...

View attachment 39 View attachment 40 View attachment 41 View attachment 42 View attachment 43
Is this app available still? Because I can’t find it. And I recently bought a Dodge Dart

·
Super Moderator
5,013 Posts
Did you notice the dates of those posts? Long gone. Dart has been out of production over 4 years.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Did you notice the dates of those posts? Long gone. Dart has been out of production over 4 years.
It's even better in this case. It's not merely long gone, it never even existed. The functionality of this app, which was listed in very early marketing for the Dart around 2011, was cancelled before the Dart was approved for production, probably because the final design of the car lacked the technology to support it (3G/WiFi connectivity).

21 - 36 of 36 Posts